Consea is an Italian leading executive search firm providing high-quality solutions in search and selection of Middle to Top Management across many industries including Automotive and Manufacturing, Fashion & Retail, Consumer Goods and Health Care industries boasting long-term relationships both with clients and candidates.
Our client is an international company based within the automotive supplier market.
In order to support their growth, we have been hired to recruit for a Production Manager.
This Production Manager leads all aspects of production to ensure excellent KPI performance, meeting or exceeding customer expectations in line with company standards and processes for Quality, Product Safety, HSE, Delivery, Employee Engagement and Profitability. It is responsible for short/medium term planning and control of budget and resource requirements regarding headcount and capabilities. It drives Continuous Improvement to maintain or exceed performance targets.
- Review overall Production output and performance, identifies trends and proactively manages the team to exceed customer expectations and prevent performance problems;
- Drive timely, cross-functional problem solving and Lessons Learned
- Manage escalation issues
- Leadership of direct reports and entire Production to ensure target achievement, developing a "Right first time" and "Safety First" culture
- Collaborate with Plant Director and WPS to develop & implement CI Roadmap for Production based on internal/external Benchmarks, achieving quantifiable improvement of performance and WPS 2.0 maturity level
- Plan & manage headcount and capability/training needs for short/mid-term and based on customer & company forecasts.
- Ensure performance evaluation/development planning for Production Team in line with process, execution of effective, planned development activities and developing own direct reports.
- Ensure proactive identification & elimination of HSE risk and unsafe practices/equipment as well as high level of 5S Standard.
- Work with Launch/SPM teams to ensure successful Launches
REQUIREMENTS & COMPETENCIES:
- Bachelors degree in business/technical studies or related degree
- 10 years of experience; 5 years leadership experience
- High level of assertiveness balanced with ability to develop a positive team culture
- Strong Leadership and People Development Skills incl. applicable labor laws
- Strong decision-making skills and results-orientation
- Strong communication skills and able to address different target audiences effectively
- Solid Working knowledge of Problem Solving and Continuous Improvement Tools (e.g. 5Why, QRQC, Kaizen, Fishbone, 5S, TPM
- Knowledge of applicable Quality & HSE Management Systems such as IATF, VDA, ISO 45001 & 14001 and understanding of Customer Specific Requirements and their implication
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent PC skills (e.g. MS Excel) and good knowledge of software applications used in production environment (e.g. SAP)
- Basic Knowledge of Data Safety and Protection requirements
- Proficiency in English required
Candidate must show proof of US citizenship/visa/alien registration.
No sponsorship will be offered for this role.