Haematology Staff Nurse Nights job
Full time role working 37.5hrs per week on 3-week nights & 1-week days' roster
Salary: £32,270 - £37,648 (dependent upon skills and experience) plus 12% enhancement.
We are pleased to work in partnership with one of the leading healthcare providers to help them recruit for an experienced and motivated Haematology inpatient Nurse.
Working within the haematology and oncology inpatient setting, you will be a member of a well-led, experienced nursing team working in an open, respectful environment. You will plan, deliver and evaluate excellent, holistic nursing care and ensure high levels of customer service alongside your multi-disciplinary colleagues. You will utilise specialist skills including chemotherapy administration, bone marrow transplant care, advanced communication and management of complex patients.
As a Staff Nurse working within haematology, you will be responsible for working in a supporting experienced nursing team to assess, plan, deliver and evaluate high standards of specialist care to ensure that patients are cared for in a safe, caring and comfortable environment. This will include meeting their medical, physical and emotional needs by effectively communicating with the patient and their families.
Roles and responsibilities
- Participate in individual care needs of patients and develop appropriate care plans to implement and evaluate
- Monitor patient care and interventions appropriately
- Recognise deterioration in patients' condition at an early stage, (including neutropenic patients) Refer to the senior nurse and medical team appropriately
- Attend IV/ chemotherapy drug administration training, complete workbook competence
- Report and document adverse incidents appropriately
- Initiate appropriate actions to isolate patients when required
- Implement a holistic approach in the care of patients requiring infection control precautions.
- Registered General Nurse with valid NMC pin
- NHS or Private ward experience
- Passionate about patient care, respectful, responsible and committed
- Haematology experience is desirable. We offer a three-month supportive probationary period which includes some supernumerary time
- Contribution pension scheme
- private medical insurance
- annual salary review
- 25 days holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell
- Career development with clear career pathways and access to further education.
If you would like