Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £20,000 - £29,999, £30,000 - £39,999, £40,000 - £49,999, £50,000 - £59,999
We are on the lookout for a Senior Cyber Threat Analyst to join the well-respected Threat Hunting Team and help protect Aviva and its customers from the damage caused by cyber attacks.
This team operates at the forefront of Cyber Defence and get to use the newest technologies and systems. We protect Aviva by ensuring that security incidents are handled efficiently to minimise the impact and reduce the risk to the business. You will build new detections, hunts and remediation playbooks to reduce our average time to detect and respond to attacks. We use the MITRE ATT&CK Framework to identify gaps in our defences, prioritise the areas to focus on and perform our own investigations.
We are happy to consider flexible home-working arrangements but the role holder will be expected to attend weekly team meetings in the Bristol office and visit other Aviva sites when needed. Given the international scope of this role, each member of the team spends one week in four 'on call', responding to urgent queries outside of UK office hours - you will receive overtime pay for this work.
This video contains more detail on how we do threat hunting at Aviva: # Duties & Responsibilities
Skills & Experience
- Respond to alerts and incidents from the Global Security Operations Centre. Following up on incidents and working with other teams where required.
- Threat Hunting for undetected malicious activity.
- Identify any weaknesses and highlight these via direct dialogue with specialist teams that support security control operation. Support the international businesses in improving their defences and analysis of suspicious activity.
- Writing playbooks on how to remediate security incidents including Instruction for containment, eradication and recovery.
- Mentoring and coaching teammates and others across the security functions.
- Some international travel may be required once COVID restrictions are lifted.
- Significant experience in incident response from working in similar security operations roles.
- Experience of creating custom detections or correlations in SIEMs and security tools.
- Experience of Windows and Linux Operating Systems.
- Experience of using a variety of security tools, including EDR, Proxies, Email Gateways, WAFs, IDS, and Cloud Security tools.
- Experience in programming/scripting (python, PowerShell, BASH, C#, C++, etcetera).
- Good understanding of networking technologies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to engage with a variety of different people.
- Experience in creating or contributing to open source cyber projects is advantageous.
- Experience of forensic capture and analysis would also be helpful.
What will you get for this role?
- Salary of around £50,000 - £58,000 depending on skills, experience and qualifications.
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme.
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review.
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days.
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva Extras" plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply).
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme.
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we're people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take responsibility, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always 'Care More'. It's our thing. We're all about our people - that's you - so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we're very open to that. In fact, we don't advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it's up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job
. Just send us an email
once you've applied stating that you have a disclosed disability
and we'll make sure we interview you.
We'd love it if you could submit your application online
. If you require an alternative method
of applying, please give Megan Douglas a call on 0121 234 7665 or send an email to #removed#
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010
*. By 'minimum criteria'
we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.
Role: Senior Cyber Threat Analyst
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Location: Bristol (City Centre), England, England
Apply for this job now.