· Will apply technical knowledge to develop kits/reagents/instruments for nucleic acid purification from various sample types, which include FFPE, blood, plasma, cells and tissues
· Will conduct experiments and/or evaluation of specific products
· Will contribute as a team member to meet pre-defined goals
· Modify experimental procedures to suit the particular needs of experiments
· Develop a hypothesis and then design the necessary set of experiments to test the hypothesis with limited guidance
· Analyze the data derived and explain the outcome of their experiments
· Has expertise with one or two specific scientific procedures and areas of research
· Has general textbook knowledge
· Maintain accurate and detailed lab notebooks and appropriate documentation based on the scientific method enabling other scientists to reproduce their experiments
· May assist in preparing material for manuals, articles for the newsletter, patents or scientific publications
· Prepares regular reports documenting experiments
· Presents research data and conclusions in 10-30 minute sessions
· Ability to read a scientific paper, reproduce the experiments described and understand the conclusions
· Able to exercise independent judgment within generally defined procedures, laboratory methods and techniques
· Able to recognize need for deviation from set procedures
Skills and attributes:
· Strong laboratory and technical hands on skills required:
o Pipet and perform procedures reproducibly
o Perform a dilution series to create a standard curve
o Perform lab calculations needed to make solutions from powder or from stock solutions and ability to make the buffers from recipes
o Operate most basic lab equipment such as computers, centrifuges, UV light box and camera, quantitation instruments, Agilent Bioanalyzer, PCR and qPCR instruments, plate reader.
o Routine experience with most common molecular procedures such as nucleic acid isolation, PCR, RT-PCR…
· Level of comfort with complex biological instrumentation such as microtomes and homogenizers
· Familiarity with next-generation technologies such as library prep, sequencing, digital PCR. Working experience a plus
· Experience with nucleic acid purification automation
· Experience working with BSL2 sample types
· Strong theoretical understanding of the procedures
· Basic knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet programs, powerpoint, e-mail and searching the internet.
· Creative and innovative
· Good writing & presentation skills
· Strong documentation skills
· Strong organizational skills
· Works well in a team setting
· Strong multi-tasking skills
· Shows initiative by taking on new tasks, beyond what is generally expected
Bachelors or Masters degree in Biological Science, chemistry, biochemistry, biomedical engineering or related field.
At least 3 years laboratory experience in either academic or industry setting. Industrial experience in product development environment a plus.
Della Infotech Inc is in staffing business for five years. Over the years, we have placed hundreds of candidates to various temp and permanent positions with our 50+ happy clients all over US and Canada including Fortune 500 corporations.
Role: Scientist/Molecular Biology - 441* RMK
Apply for this job now.