Are you a natural leader, with a passion for quality and desire to bring out the best in others? Our Shift Leaders are selected for their ability to lead by example in a fast paced service environment. Fully cross-trained in both the Front and Back ends of the Smashburger operation, they represent the best of all that is Smashburger and are vital parts of the Better Burger experience!
Looking for a place to grow? Shift Leaders that pursue SMASHING careers with us are part of a team that is committed to their success. We strongly believe in supporting and developing our internal talent and over half of our field leadership team was developed from within.
You’re empowered to take control of your career and network with 4,000+ Team Members through The Smash Connection, our Online Social Learning portal. Programs like Step Up allow our top performing team members to get the support and training they need to be our next generation of Restaurant Leaders!
Are you Smashburger material?
Smashburger Shift Leaders demonstrate to our Team Members our HIGH FIVE VALUES in action:
1. Excite and Delight: Smile, impress and look after our guests with every visit
2. Perfect Food: Delivering the best tasting burger and our SMASHING sides
3. Pride in Place: Keep our restaurant and restrooms clean at all times
4. It Starts With Me: Choose your attitude, be accountable and have fun!
5. Do Well, Do Good: Volunteer and support your community
Check out the details below and apply now to find out why Bold, Remarkable and Memorable Careers start at Smashburger!
Shift Leader Responsibilities:
- Lead the restaurant team during a shift to ensure that every guest has a memorable, Gold Standard experience Delegate responsibilities to the team
- Be an expert in the menu, recipes and skills for each station in the restaurant
- Visit tables after food delivery to ensure the guest’s experience has been Gold Standard
- Follow checklists and proven systems to set up, stock and close the entire restaurant
- Coach and recognize team members throughout the shift
- Facilitate shift huddles; sharing communication and direction with the team
- Protect the guest by ensuring all team members follow food safety standards
- Maintains high food quality and attractive food appearance, made according to Smashburger specifications
- Follow Smashburger cash handling procedures
- Follow all policies and procedures as outlined by Smashburger
- Complete any other tasks assigned time to time by the management team
- Experience working as a shift leader in a restaurant, retail or hospitality setting preferred
- Ability to successfully complete training program
- Ability to follow all guidelines and procedures set forth by Smashburger, local, state, and federal employment regulations
- Smashburger participates in E-Verify
While performing the duties of this position, a Shift Leader may regularly be required to: variable work days, nights and/or weekends, work in a fast paced environment and work around hot and cold equipment. This position may regularly be required to occasionally lift and carry boxes and supplies up to 50lbs, move around the restaurant and tight spaces; walk or stand 100% of shift and reach, bend, stoop, mop and sweep frequently.
In 2007 we opened the first Smashburger with one simple notion in mind: despite the overwhelming number of restaurants serving burgers, Americans were starving for something better. And we could deliver. Our vision is to connect with America’s passion for its favorite food on a local level and in a space where “Smashed Fresh, Served Delicious” means dedication to crafting the best-tasting burger around. Our smashed burgers are always made-to-order, never frozen, smashed and seared to perfection on our grill. Our menu is also kid-friendly, vegetarian-approved and topped off with frosty milkshakes.
Role: Shift Leader
Location: Salt Lake City,
Apply for this job now.