We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced HGV Class 1 Driver 4 on 4 off shifts.
You will work closely with our Transport and Operations Manager, who will support you to execute a busy multi-drop schedule.
Our customers rely on us to deliver our promises, and we rely on our drivers to ensure each delivery reaches our customers on time, in perfect condition and with a contagious smile.
And, let's not forget, you'll be joining one of the UK's largest and most recognised distribution brands, where career, personal development and going the 'extra mile' is at the heart of our company ethos.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Comply with all Driver hours and Road Transport Directive legislation
- Feedback to the office on any issues around loading, unloading or delays
- Maintaining safety and security of loads at all times
- Keep in regular communication with both customers and colleagues to update on progress and manage expectations effectively
- Drive in a safe and responsible manner, as we value the communities we serve
- Carrying out necessary checks to ensure vehicle is safe and legal
- Ensure the vehicle is loaded safely and within the legislation
- All deliveries reach the customer safely, efficiently and on time
- Complete daily vehicle checks, both pre and post-shift
- Keep an accurate and honest record of all vehicle checks
WHAT YOU NEED
- A valid Category C+E (Class 1) Drivers Licence with a maximum of 6 points, for insurance purposes
- A valid digital tacho card and CPC card
- No previous disqualifications NI, DD or DR
- A detailed understanding of the rules and regulation around drivers' hours
- Physically fit to meet the demands of a multi-drop driving role
- Hardworking, positive and a flexible attitude to work
- Undergo a background check and drug/alcohol test if successful
HOW WE WILL REWARD YOU
In addition to a competitive remuneration package we provide ongoing development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
- 28 Days Annual Leave
- Company Pension
If you are interested in the position of Class 1 Driver then please apply.