The Office Manager will primarily oversee our San Francisco office, but may have responsibilities at and periodic visits to our Mountain View (MTV) office. As an integral member of our team, the Office Manager will create a healthy, safe, collaborative and friendly office environment that aligns with our culture, values and mission.
- Ensure the workplace is a clean and beautiful space to be proud of, including conference rooms, kitchen/break room, and other public work spaces.
- Assist with front office reception as needed including warmly welcoming candidates, visitors, partners and vendors.
- Point of contact between IT, HR, Ops, Admins and other staff.
- Build and manage relationships with vendors and building management (office, facilities, bldg. engineer, IT).
- Be our employees’ advocate: listen to feedback and follow-through on workplace ideas and initiatives.
- Establish, continue and/or maintain streamlined processes and procedures to maximize efficiency and increase productivity.
- Anticipate needs, pre-empt and resolve issues, and prioritize tasks and proactively assist the admin staff and Ops manager with managing the office workload and meeting key objectives and responsibilities.
Office Manager Responsibilities:
Note: We are moving to a new, much larger office in the next few months. The Office Manager will be integral to the move process. Details below.
- Manage the distribution of workload between operations manager and admin staff. Responsibilities listed below are general and may fall under other admin staff.
- Ensure office responsibilities are covered for admin staff out of office, on breaks, on sick leave and vacations.
- Assist Admin staff to meet and greet visitors and guests, answer phone calls, respond to incoming emails, control correspondence and deliveries.
- Organize office operations, procedures, supplies in the most efficient way.
- Plan and coordinate internal and external meetings, events and activities to run seamlessly (Reserve conference room/space, catering, AV set up, invites, confirm external participants).
- Carry out planning and execution of IT and AV related equipment procurement, layouts, new laptop builds and office systems.
- Work closely with HR & Admin to provide new hires with all the essentials (IT equipment, desk location, keys, badges, T&T SWAG) and assist with orientation and onboarding. Create a positive experience for new hires during their first month at T&T.
- Partner with IT team to resolve technical challenges, and installation and testing of new systems (both office locations).
- Identify and research solutions to office issues.
- Update distribution list/groups in Outlook.
- Order new badges and keys, log facility issues through building management system, follow up with repairs and maintenance issues.
- Schedule meetings, travel, conference calls, video conferences, 1:1’s, incorporate travel time and travel details.
- Business Development and Marketing support: Assist with proposals, team resumes and entries into the CMD (customer & lead database).
- HR coordination and support: Offer Letters (OLR’s), 1099 Contractor Agreements (CAA’s), Employee Status Change forms (PSC’s) and equipment requests (CAPEX forms), Spot Awards.
- Correspondence, power point presentations, reports, meeting agendas, meeting minutes, templates, filing
- File and folder management, document control, periodic ordering of plans for projects.
- Manage T&T subscriptions, publications and memberships
- Ensure Health & Safety rep keeps (internal) annual records up to date.
Office Manager Responsibilities (MTV Office) as needed for vacation/OOO/sick day coverage:
- Coordinate with the Operations Manager and Executive Assistant, covering and assisting when needed.
- Coordinate with the landlord and other tenant at the MTV office.
- Manage IT systems, telephones / VOIP system & voicemail, conference phone, internet service, Wi-Fi.
- Manage office equipment including copier, printers, employee laptops and workstations, power strips, appliances.
- Manage office security, keys, keypad, Nest camera & account maintenance and monitoring
- Manage janitorial service and other vendors as required
Other Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Training: Assist with the scheduling, organization and participation monitoring of the training program.
- CSR Support (Corporate Social Responsibility): Coordinate with the CSR Champion/Team on upcoming events.
- Vendor Management: Assist as needed with T&T vendors, payments, contracts, etc.
Move Management (in coordination with Ops Mgr, PM, IT):
- Assist with the office build out and relocation including regular communication to mgmt. group and staff on progress, important, dates, etc.
- Work closely with office move PM to identify furniture, storage and equipment needs in new space.
- Work with IT to bring internet and phone service to the new office, relocate server rack and IT equipment.
- Assist with the procurement of office furniture, art/photographs, appliances, shelving, and supplies (i.e., waste cans, recycle containers, kitchen items, etc.).
- Manage the physical relocation of staff including procurement of a move company, scheduling, packing, and Day Of coordination.
- Manage the clean out and disposal of items in the (old) space. Attend walk through with landlord to hand over space.
Skills & Capabilities Required:
- Excellent people skills, both internal and external.
- Strong problem solving skills coupled with a creative, positive, can-do attitude.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize workload, and manage time effectively.
- Strong organizational and follow through skills.
- Computer, software and technology familiarity, experience and aptitude (MS Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word proficiency are required).
- Written and verbal communication skills, accuracy and attention to detail.
Software Platforms and Technology
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) - Candidate must demonstrate proficiency in all prior to formal offer being extended.
- WebEx, Zoom, BlueJeans, Google Hangouts - set up and attend.
Internal software (for reference):
- FMS (T&T Financial Management Software).
- iTrent (for vacation and sick day requests/approvals).
- Expensables (for employee expenses and approvals).
- T2 (corporate Intranet, repository of much information and portal to various business systems).
- Risk Management Database.
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 130 countries worldwide.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused, supported by an inclusive and fun company culture. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result our people get to enjoy working on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
Role: Office Manager
Location: San Francisco,
Apply for this job now.