We are seeking Nurse Practitioners to become a part of our interdisciplinary palliative care team! You will focus on providing high-quality patient care as part of an interdisciplinary team. Part-time, full-time, and per-diemopportunities are available in all areas.
- Perform comprehensive assessments of new patients in their homes.
- Participate in the Advance Care Planning process with patients and family members.
- Advocate for completion of Advance Care Planning documentation, including Advance Directives and/or POLST.
- Document on our easy-to-use Electronic Medical Record with a tablet or laptop.
- Review and modify medications as needed in collaboration with our physician Medical Director and the PCP.
- Participate in Interdisciplinary Team conferences over the phone.
- Participate in technology and process improvement.
- Facilitate referrals to other healthcare professionals and medical facilities.
- Previous experience in nursing or other medical fields.
- Ability to build rapport with patients.
- Comfort with adopting new technologies.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong leadership qualities.
Areas we are actively hiring:
- Los Angeles County (West LA, San Gabriel Valley, Long Beach, Downtown, etc.)
- Apple Valley (Victorville, Hesperia, Adelanto, Barstow, etc.)
- Antelope Valley (Palmdale, Lancaster, etc.)
- Palm Desert
Kara Health is a tech-enabled home-based palliative care company. We partner with health plans, health systems, and physician organizations to care for patients with advanced illness. At Kara Health, we believe technology should augment patient care delivery and sustainable service models. Furthermore, we use technology to restore dignity to the work our employees do. We are one of the fastest growing healthcare services companies in the country in terms of revenue and patient lives on service. Kara Health’s founders are alumni of UCLA & UPenn. Apply to be a part of our rapidly growing team!
Role: Nurse Practitioner
Apply for this job now.