Company: CITY CREDIT CAPITAL
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Salary: £28000 - £35000
Location: City of London
Salary: £28,000 - £35,000 per annum
About the Company:
City Credit Capital is a leading provider of Forex and CFD margin trading services. Headquartered in the City of London, with associate offices in Hong Kong and Latin America, we service a global client base of active investors. We are regulated and authorised by the UK Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
Due to growth, we are seeking to recruit a Compliance Associate to assist the Head of Compliance in the implementation of the compliance agenda throughout the firm.
The main purpose of this role is to assist the Head of Compliance in the implementation of the compliance agenda throughout City Credit Capital and to ensure the business operation remains compliant in accordance with both the FCA and best practice.
Compliance Associate Duties:
- Supporting the Head of Compliance
- Monitoring and approving the on-boarding of all clientele (Retail, Professional and ECP)
- Primary point of contact for all client onboarding issues in the London and overseas offices
- Drafting and maintaining compliance standards, policies and procedural documents including AML and Conflict of Interest etc.
- Assist in the review and approval of Financial Promotions/Communications and Social Media posts.
- Monitoring of Breaches and Errors and updating Registers (Gift&Entertainment, PA Dealing etc.) accordingly to ensure the Company takes appropriate corrective and remedial action.
- Assist in the collation of documents for Data Subject Access Requests
- Regulatory change project work (MiFID II, EMIR, GDPR, SMCR, IFPR)
- Carrying out monitoring tasks defined within the Compliance Monitoring Programme (e.g. email/telephone monitoring and market abuse monitoring) and identifying and investigating/escalating any potential issues, client due diligence and EDD reviews, sanctions screening, PEP screening, third party payments and AML refresh reviews.
- Reviewing updates and news from FCA, HM Treasury, HMRC etc. and disseminate reports with summaries and any recommended proposed changes
- Assign online training for all staff
- Monitor the Compliance mailbox
- Assisting with Compliance Monitoring, Audit Requests, Risk Assessments, Reviews and Internal Audit
- Assisting with FCA returns via online systems (Connect, RegData)
- Providing compliance guidance to staff in London and overseas offices
- Collating MI on AML, ABC, CASS, TCF etc. and producing annual reports accordingly
- Communicating with the regulator(s) from time to time
- Complaints handling from the FOS and FSCS etc.
- Other ad-hoc projects
Compliance Associate Requirements:
- Minimum 1-year experience in a compliance role within the financial sector
- Knowledge of financial services regulations, as impacting City Credit Capital’s business, e.g. know your client, anti-money laundering, sanctions, insider dealing, market abuse, conduct of business and conflicts of interest.
- Experience of best practice compliance and governance frameworks, methodologies and emerging practice, compliance monitoring and risk assessments in the context of the UK financial services industry.
- Ideally experienced within the Derivatives industry.
- Preference will be given to those that are degree qualified, preferably in business, economics, law or accounting or relevant Compliance qualifications.
- Essential that GCSE grades reflect A-C for English and Mathematics
- Good understanding of JMLSG guidance.
- Strong analytical skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong MS Office skills.
- Experience in producing policies and procedure is highly desirable.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to build strong internal networks across the organisation.
- Broad and pragmatic thinker, capable of interpreting information and presenting arguments in a clear and reasoned way.
- Thorough and accurate, capable of identifying the key issues without getting lost in the detail.
- Processes driven ability to follow new processes.
- Accountable for own decisions and actions whilst respectful of the professional responsibilities of others.
- Politically astute, self-confident demeanour and mature social skills.
- Foreign language skills would be beneficial, ideally Spanish or Mandarin.
About the Company:
City Credit Capital is a leading provider of Forex and CFD margin trading services. Based in the City of London, with associate offices in Hong Kong and Latin America, we service a global client base of active investors. City Credit Capital is regulated and authorised by the UK Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
If you think that you are suitable for this Compliance Associate role, please apply now!