AUTOMATED CONVEYOR SYSTEMS, INC. has been a leading provider of turnkey material handling systems and facility upgrades for over 40 years. Specializing in the corrugated, folding carton and the bottle and can industries, ACS has built a solid reputation on a foundation of service, craftsmanship, and innovative technology. ACS recruits and hires locally as often as possible and, whenever possible, supports the local economy when buying services, materials and supplies.
ACS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
ACS, located in Lynchburg, VA, has an opening for a Roller Fabricator - Assembler to fabricate and assemble standardized mechanical unites, i.e. rollers having close tolerances and operating requirements.
Roller Fabricator - Assembler essential functions are as follows:
- Fabricates and assembles a wide variety of standard and special rollers.
- Must be able to identify various tube gauges and bearing type.
- Sets up and operate a wide variety of shop equipment and machinery including a bearing press, boring machine, cut-off saw, tub cutter, tube straighten, pincher, and grinder.
- Must utilize basic shop math including fractions and be able to read a tape measure.
- Performs minor maintenance as required.
- Performs quarterly inventory as required.
- Crates and bands rollers for shipping and storage.
- Loads and unloads trucks as required.
- Operates fork truck and crane/hoist to move and relocate material and product.
- Notifies supervisor or coordinator of any unusual conditions of material and shop equipment and shortages.
- Meets acceptable time/work standards.
- Keeps immediate work area clean and orderly.
- Works in accordance with established safety policies.
In order to qualify for this position, you will have:
- High school degree or equivalent
- Position typically expects three (3) to five (5) years of direct/relevant experience based on scope of the position
- Ability to read blueprints and schematics
- Ability to read a tape measure to 1/16th of an inch
- Willing and able to work overtime as required
- Possess problem solving capabilities
- Must be detail-oriented and able to multitask
- Maintain composure in a fast-paced, stressful environment
- Mission focused with a sense of urgency when required
- Must have a positive attitude and foster a continuous improvement environment
- Ability to work well with others
Qualified candidates, please submit your cover letter and resume for immediate consideration. We will review your qualifications and contact you if we feel you are a match for this role. If you're not a match, we will build a profile on your behalf in hopes of contacting you in the near future with opportunities that more closely match your skill set, education and experience.
We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, life & disability insurance, matching 401(k), FSA, and education tuition assistance.
Lynchburg, VA is an up and coming city that offers plenty of outdoors activities, from sports leagues to hiking, hunting/fishing and camping. Its location is perfect for easy access to Washington, DC, Philadelphia, PA and NYC. A great place to raise a family, Lynchburg offers great dining, the arts, professional organizations and places of historical significance. Please visit # for more information.
Leading manufacturer of custom material handling and conveyor systems used in the corrugated box industry.
Role: Roller Fabricator – Assembler
Apply for this job now.