What’s the job?
The Holiday Inn Express Inver Grove Heights is looking for a highly motivated Guest Service Manager. The moment a guest steps into one of our hotels, they walk into a genuinely memorable experience. As Guest Service Manager you’ll deliver this through managing all aspects of the front office (for example guest registration, guest service training for all guest service employees, guest satisfaction trends and feedback, and guest reservations). You’ll also create the warm atmosphere that makes our guests feel at home in any location.
Day to day experience as a Guest Service Manager.
· Ensure your front office team delivers a great service, professional attention and personal recognition
· Ensure guests are greeted upon arrival and make time to engage with guests. Respond appropriately to guest complaints, solicit feedback and build relationships to drive continuous improvement in guest satisfaction
· Conduct routine inspections of the front office and public areas and take immediate actions to correct any deficiencies
· Manage day-to-day staffing needs, plan and assign work and establish performance and development goals for team members. Provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to improve team member performance
· Educate and train team members in compliance with federal, state and local laws and safety regulations. Ensure staff is properly trained and has the tools and equipment to carry out job duties
· Ensure your team are properly trained on systems, security, service and quality standards
· Develop plans to increase occupancy and ADR through walk-ins and upselling at the front desk
· Perform other duties as assigned. May also serve as manager on duty
This job is the top Front Office job and may report to the Assistant General Manager, and General Manager. Typically supervises front desk agents, breakfast attendants, shuttle services, reservations, etc. May oversee a team.
What we need from you
· Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification / equivalent in Hotel Management/Business Administration, plus 3 years of Front Office/Guest Service experience including providing a high level of guest satisfaction
· Experience with Opera PMS, Medallia guest response system. IHG experience a plus.
How do I deliver this?
We genuinely care about people and we show this through living out our promise of True Hospitality each and every day. It’s what connects every colleague in all hotels.
Each hotel delivers True Hospitality in their own way, and at the heart of it all are specific, core service skills.
· True Attitude: being caring, wanting to make a positive difference, and building genuine connections with guests
· True Confidence: having the knowledge and skills to perform your role, and giving guests the confidence that they can trust you, to help and support them during their stay
· True Listening: focusing on what your guest is saying, picking up on body language that is often overlooked, and understanding what the guest wants and needs
· True Responsiveness: is about providing guests with what they need, and doing so in a timely and caring manner
Role: Guest Service Manager
Location: Inver Grove Heights,
Apply for this job now.