Company: CATHEDRAL APPOINTMENTS LTD
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Our client is looking to recruit an ambitious and motivated management accountant on a full-time, permanent basis. Based in a beautiful location in the South West, your duties within this role will include assisting with budgets, preparing financial forecasts and weekly KPI reporting. A prerequisite of the role is the possession of an accountancy qualification such as an ACCA / CIMA / CA, as well as three years subsequent experience post-qualification.
- Assisting with the creation of the monthly Management reporting pack.
- Engaging in Profit and Loss, Cashflow and Balance Sheet administration.
- Conducting Actual vs Budget Variance analysis.
- Analysing the financial performance of different company divisions.
- Ensuring that regulatory and taxation reporting deadlines are respected and met.
- Using IT to improve the reporting function in newly installed systems.
- Collaborating and engaging with non-finance personnel to collectively improve performance.
- A full accountancy qualification (ACCA / CIMA / CA) with at least 3 years experience following achievement of the qualification.
- Sound and demonstrable experience of being able to produce accurate management accounts.
- An eager-to-learn, pro-active approach towards work, and an ability to meet deadlines with ease.
- Strong communication skills, and an ability to engage effectively with non-financial staff members.
- Sound use of IT (particularly MS Office) and strong financial systems experience.
- An awareness of current financial reporting standards.
- Previous experience in the construction, engineering, or manufacturing sectors (desirable).
The successful candidate will thrive in a team-based environment, and will be willing to work hard with minimal supervision.
Recruitment Consultant: Joanne Howell
Closing Date: All suitable candidates will be submitted as soon as received; our client reserves the right to appoint before the closing date. Please note that due to the volume of applications, if you haven’t received a response within 5 days of applying, then unfortunately on this occasion you won’t have been successful.