HR Specialist - Competitive Salary - Hartville, Ohio
Are you an HR Specialist looking for a new, exciting challenge? Do you possess the ability to handle stress and high work volumes quickly with minimal errors? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you!
We are searching for an organized, driven HR Specialist to provide department accuracy and efficiency of best practices to our Human Resource department.
As the HR Specialist, you will ensure that the department processes are operating smoothly, maintain accurate and complete records regarding all employee transactions. The ideal candidate would be a driven, organized individual, who is excited about helping others and being a company ambassador ensuring our employees get the most out of their experience with Yak.
The key responsibilities of an HR Specialist, but are not limited to:
- Conducts reference, employment eligibility, drug testing, and background checks on job applicants background checks, timely completion of offer letters to include new employee orientation date, and status notifications to hiring authorities.
- Processes and reviews criminal history record information, pre-employment drug tests, references, and other new hire application materials. Ensures paperwork complies with company policies and procedures, including the employment authorization process.
- Accurately processes new hire information in Paycom and ensures new hires receive timely responses to inquiries, questions.
- Independently coordinate and communicate with all internal groups, hiring managers, and external parties (as required), to ensure smooth onboarding process.
- Helps maintain benefits documentation and vendor carrier websites
- Work with management to gather data, analyze and identify opportunities for process improvements.
- Understanding of current federal and state regulations including (but not limited to): Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Manages New Hire Personnel Action Forms
- Assists HR department team members with projects, reports, correspondence, and other activities as requested and acts as back up to other HR team members as needed.
- Assist with employee investigations
- Assists with companywide communications about HR updates, benefits, Payroll, and Paycom.
No matter the industry or project, YAK ACCESS has your back. As one of North America's leading providers of total right-of-way access solutions and the largest supplier of access matting, our expertise shines in minimizing risks, delays, costs, and environmental impact. Our end-to-end services are executed by seasoned pros with experience in every industry: wind, solar, power, and pipeline.
At YAK and our business units, we bring operational excellence regardless of industry or location. Our culture is as top notch as our service and our employees work together like a family. We have been ranked 2nd by our employees as one of the Best Places to Work in Mississippi in the Mega-Large Division for the last three years in a row!
The key skills and qualities of an HR Specialist:
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills and ability to demonstrate critical-thinking skills.
- Inclination to think independently and work proactively with a sense of urgency and ownership.
- Customer-focused attitude, with high level of professionalism and discretion and proven ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Outlook, and Word.