Job title: Technical Support Engineer (Remote)
Location: Remote opportunity
Salary: £30,000-£34,000 + Excellent Benefits
We are looking for an experienced Technical Support Engineer to join our client.
A new opportunity has opened with a well-established global business, this business is a market leader within Fire Detection products.
Due to ongoing growth, we are looking for someone with experience in Fire Detection equipment who can provide customers with technical support, this will be predominately remotely over the phone and via email. There will be times where you will be required to travel to their site.
What is on offer?
- Competitive Salary (£30,000-£34,000)
- Company Car
- Company Bonus Scheme
- Work from home
- Earlier finish on a Friday
- 24 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Company Pension Scheme
What will you be doing?
As the Technical Support Engineer your role is to provide in-depth support to customers ensuring a successful installation and training on the products. You will take a customer focussed approach where you will support products as well as show a passion for the technology.
Your duties include:
- Provide in-depth technical support to customer via telephone, email and regular site visits.
- Providing field support to customers, this will include training on products.
- Assisting, from a technical standpoint, with training, wireless surveys, and seminars.
- Ensuring accurate recording of all technical issues and service calls within the companies SAP system to enhance monitoring of customer satisfaction levels.
- Support the sales teams on any technical matters during customer meetings, exhibitions etc.
- Expanding and maintaining knowledge of competitor products, what they are doing and updating the business of new technologies.
What are we looking for?
To be considered for the Technical Support Engineer position, we are looking for:
- HNC/HNC or Degree qualification in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Previous experience working in the Fire Alarm industry
- Strong IT knowledge, proficient with Microsoft Office
- Desirable: Experienced with SAP
- Desirable: FIA Training Certificates