Position: Fabricator/Assembler Reports to: Welding Supervisor
Duties and Responsibilities
- Read and interpret work orders and modification procedures
- Layout and fit basic valve and extension assemblies using levels, tape measure, calipers, straight edge, and other measuring devices
- Perform simple machining operations including the operation of drills and saws
- Fit and bend pipe according to specifications and valve geometry
- Tack weld assemblies and components
- Perform functional tests of valves and assemblies
- Prepare rough surfaces by grinding, filing, and sanding
- Perform inter-pass grinding as instructed by welders
- Perform fit-ups, structural welds, and simple fillet welds
- Overtime and weekend work required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Fabrication & Mechanical skills and experience
- Experience with pipe, valve, fittings, or pressure vessels
- Ability to stand, crouch, bend for 8 hour shifts
- Must be able lift up to 50 Lbs on occasion
- Basic computer skills
- Experience operating a forklift
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to work as a team
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication
Education and Qualifications
- High school or GED required (or equivalent)
- Minimum 3+ years of fitting, assembly, or fabrication experience
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
Gulf Coast Modification provides extensive valve modifications, cleaning, coating, inspection and testing services. With this vast array of capabilities, the backing and confidence of the leading manufacturers and end-users in the industry, state-of-the-art facilities and a highly-qualified staff of experienced craftsman, GCM is truly a premier provider of modification services.
Role: Valve Fabricator/Assembler (with 3+ years experience)
Apply for this job now.