- Manage all shipping documents e.g shipping labels, packing slips, bills of lading etc.
- Direct the flow of packages from preparation to shipment
- Inspect labels, barcodes and other features of completed orders
- Supervise and lead warehouse staff (receiving clerks, order pickers etc.)
- Control budget of the shipping department
- Collaborate with Director of Operations to optimize processes
- Resolve issues regarding shipped orders
- Ensure compliance to legal regulations and company policies
- Report to management on activities and issues
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Proven experience as shipping Supervisor/Lead
- Solid knowledge of logistics procedures
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel)
- Good understanding of budgeting and reporting
- Experience in directing and evaluating warehouse staff
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Problem-solving abilities
- High school diploma; logistics or relative field of study is a definite plus
Performs a variety of shipping tasks. Prepares items for shipment ensuring cost effective courier services. Leads the work of shipping and performing related work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Position requires: a) Leading, guiding, and training of shipping and performing related work; b) verifying accuracy of shipments and ensuring items are sent in the most cost-effective manner.
- Prepares shipments for postal or commercial conveyance; determines most economical and efficient shipping method; selects appropriate shipping container; packs items to ensure safe delivery.
- Prepares bills of lading; checks items to be shipped against work orders to ascertain that quantities, destination, and routing are correct.
- May maintain department database, prepare routine reports, and file shipping records.
- Operate dolly, pallet jack, and/or forklift in loading and unloading supplies and equipment; operate shrink wrap machine; may lock warehouse and set alarms.
- Follows established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, safety, and environmental.
- Leads, guides, and trains employees performing related work.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Ability to understand and follow safety procedures.
- Ability to lead and train staff.
- Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork.
- Ability to read, sort, check, count, and verify numbers.
- Ability to lift and manipulate heavy objects.
- Ability to detect problems and report information to appropriate personnel.
- Knowledge of postal or commercial shipping methods and procedures
Please include other responsibilities we discussed - heavy customer interaction, excellent communication skills, supervise (player / coach) 5-6 direct reports, dispatch drivers, and bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
As the proud owner and Strategic-Partner of the PrideStaff Ontario office, my goal is to help businesses in my territory and talented job seekers reach their personal and professional goals. My team’s commitment is to place the right person the first time, and to have a positive impact on our clients’ businesses, our candidate’s careers and the overall business community.
PrideStaff's mission is to consistently provide client experiences focused on what they value most. At PrideStaff Ontario, we execute on this mission by thoroughly understanding our clients’ needs, finding top quality candidates who meet these needs, and developing deep and lasting relationships with both our clients and candidates
PrideStaff has consistently earned Inavero’s Best of Staffing Award. As the owner of Ontario territory, I am personally committed to maintaining this standard of excellence and will do what it takes to meet/exceed our clients’ and candidates’ needs.
Role: Shipping Supervisor
Apply for this job now.