Company: PROVISION PEOPLE
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Our award winning Nonprofit Housing client that works with local and state government is currently hiring for a Senior Accountant.
The Senior Accountant manages the daily operations of the Accounting Department that includes completing specific high level accounting/financial tasks. Assists the Controller and the Executive Team in all accounting and financial matters.
- Responsible for the monthly closing of 40 housing corporations, limited partnerships and nonprofit entities.
- Interpret various agreements including management, loan, and partnership and operating agreements.
- Analyze and review client rent accounts receivable balances and adjust accordingly.
- Documents/Maintains/Enhances review procedures for cash receipts, bank deposits, accounts payable and payroll.
- Develops monthly review procedures for all our client's entities.
- Oversees all insurance allocations and payments.
- Oversees preparation of quarterly board reporting packages.
- Prepares budgets.
- Prepares funding source quarterly accounting reports.
- Ensures that financial reports comply with generally accepted accounting principles or financial reporting standards.
- Prepares account analysis as needed.
- Updates the Accounting Department Procedures Manual.
- Acts as the liaison with the client and the independent CPAs.
- Performs other related duties and projects as assigned.
- Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
Required Skills and Experience:
- 2+ years of experience of nonprofit and/or government accounting.
- 1+ years of experience with real estate and/or housing accounting.
- Desire to help the community flourish.
- Experience with non profit, private school, etc where you deal with boards of directors, outside auditors, fundraisers, etc.
- Experience working with Sr. level executives (bankers, auditors, board of directors, etc.
- Must be organized and detail oriented.
- Strong communications skills and excellent computer skills are a MUST.