Accommodation will be provided dependant on location
Fixed term contract: (20 teaching hours per week) from June - September 2020 (13 weeks including 2 weeks induction, 10 teaching/assessment weeks and 1 week standardisation/ marking/moderation)
Based on the campus of Lancaster University, the International Study Centre prepares international students for entry onto their chosen courses at Lancaster University.
LUISC is seeking to appoint a number of dynamic and inspirational teachers to join their high performing team. The successful applicants will have the opportunity to teach on our undergraduate and postgraduate pre-sessional programmes, preparing international students for entry to undergraduate and postgraduate study at Lancaster University. In addition, the successful candidates will be expected to contribute to the development and sharing of high quality resources (including online materials) for the programme.
Main duties: to deliver student-centred sessions in English for Academic Purposes, incorporating opportunities for developing study skills and strategies for independent learning; to provide academic support and intervention to meet student needs; to measure learning through a range of assessment methods, and to keep accurate and up-to-date records of student performance and progress as required by LUISC. Tutors will be expected to participate in standardisation, marking and moderation activities.
The Pre-sessional programmes are 20 contact hours per week spread across 5 days. A compulsory tutor induction commences 2 weeks in advance of the student start date. There will be a 2 week probationary period once teaching commences, satisfactory completion of which will include an observation of the tutor's classroom based delivery.
You will be expected to:
- Deliver high quality student-centred lessons to groups of international students on undergraduate and postgraduate pre-sessional English programmes.
- In conjunction with other tutors, contribute to the development of engaging learning resources (including online materials).
- Undertake marking and prepare/provide feedback on formative and summative basis, in accordance with the LUISC quality standards and processes.
- Support the development of students' study skills and independent learning strategies.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of a CELTA qualification.
- A DELTA would be advantageous or a Trinity College Dip. TESOL or a PGCE including TESOL with related experience also considered.
- Substantial experience teaching EAP, ideally in a Higher Education learning environment.
- Proficient in the use of learning technologies.
- Competitive salary
- Accommodation (depending on location)
- 30 days holiday pro-rated, paid in lieu at the end of the contract.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
Role: Pre-sessional EAP Tutor
Job Type: Hourly Paid, Permanent, Full Time
Apply for this job now.