The Training and Development Manager is responsible managing the training, development and competency programs of the organization. This position assesses developmental needs to drive training initiatives and identifies and arranges suitable training solutions for employees. This position actively searches, creatively designs and implements effective methods to educate, enhance performance and recognize performance.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Conducts periodic training and development needs assessment.
· Proposes training and development programs and objectives.
· Develops and monitors spending against the departmental budget.
· Obtains and /or develops effective training and development materials utilizing a variety of media and methods.
· Develops a competency structure and implements effective evaluation and tracking practices.
· Trains and coach’s managers, supervisors and others involved in employee development efforts.
· Plans, organizes, facilitates and orders supplies for employee development and training events. Maintains training rooms and schedules.
· Maintains the LMS system to ensure effective tracking of training and development programs.
· Develops and maintains organizational communications such as bulletin boards and newsletters to ensure employees have knowledge of training and development events and resources.
· Conducts follow-up studies of all completed training to evaluate and measure results.
· Modifies programs as needed.
· Exemplifies the desired culture and philosophies of the organization.
· Works effectively as a team member with other members of management and the HR staff.
Manages training vendors and service providers
Education and/or Experience
· Bachelor's degree in relevant field.
· Eight to ten years of experience in training, employee development or related field.
· Knowledge of adult learning styles and techniques
· Experience with creating technical and manufacturing competency models and career ladders preferred.
· Effective presentation and platform skills
· Experience with LMS and various multimedia platforms
Work Environment and Demands
Spends 90% of time in an office environment. Spends 10% of time in shop environment. Occasional domestic travel.
May be exposed to potential shop hazards including high noise, fumes, heavy machinery and shop traffic. Some exposure to potential travel hazards.
CDI Energy Products is a division of Fenner Advanced Sealing Technologies - a part of the Global Group Fenner. With over 30 years of experience, CDI is an industry leader in the design, manufacturing, and processing of high-quality, high-performance seals and components for the oil and gas industry.
We are preferred suppliers to a large number of major OEMs, each of which has special needs in dealing with elevated temperatures, chemical and media resistance, extreme pressure, wear, and lubricity. With this fully integrated range of capabilities, CDI is the smart choice for all your high-performance plastic and elastomeric manufacturing needs.
Role: Training and Development Manager
Apply for this job now.