TITLE: Ticket to Work Representative
SCHEDULE: Monday - Friday
ORGANIZATION: America Works is currently seeking an administrative assistant for its Downtown Brooklyn Office.
Since 1984, America Works network of companies has moved nearly 1 million hard-to-place individuals into the workforce, including military veterans, long-term welfare and food stamp recipients, former criminal offenders, people who are homeless and living in shelters, youths aging out of foster care, non-custodial parents, people living with HIV/AIDS, and people receiving Social Security Insurance/Social Security Disability Insurance. Please visit #removed# for more information. Please visit #removed#/tickettowork for more information on our Ticket To Work program.
JOB SUMMARY: We are seeking a paid specialist to carry out the responsibilities for this program. The Ticket to Work specialist provides comprehensive case management, benefits counseling, direct job placement and retention to people receiving SSI/SSDI.
· Conduct all intakes, assessments, eligibility, and Individual Work Plans for the Ticket to Work Program
· Develop relationships with employers in the Metropolitan area who are willing to hire Ticket to Work participants
· Coordinate with referral agencies, identify community resources, and network with partnering agencies in order to recruit individuals who are on SSI or SSDI for Ticket to Work program
· Solely responsible for placing Ticket to Work participants into employment and tracking their retention and specific milestones
· Mediate issues that may arise in the workforce involving clients and employers
· Conduct weekly orientations and job readiness class for incoming clients or those who are interested in getting more information about the Ticket to Work program
· Assist clients with resumes and navigating online applications
· Provide other day-to-day support to clients as needed
· Enter all data on time and correctly to support program evaluation and deliverable tracking
· Ensure proper and timely documentation of services including case notes
· Work collaboratively with colleagues across the organization and within respective department
· Other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree required
· Three years of experience working with special populations
· Experience working with adults who have mental health and substance abuse issues
· Experience in creating and delivering impactful service plans for participants
· High level of personal accountability for the quality and impact of work
· Excellent communication skills, professional demeanor, sound judgment, and strong organizational skills
· Strong clinical skills, and/or a desire to learn more about the effects of the Social Security field on the lives of adults
· Willingness to work collaboratively, but with the capacity to work independently
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, particularly Word and Excel.
For more information please visit #removed#/tickettowork
Role: Ticket to Work Representative (Brooklyn Office)
Apply for this job now.