Tilney Smith & Williamson's personal wealth management services include financial planning, investment management and advice, online execution-only investing and personal tax advice. For businesses, its range of services include assurance and accounting, business tax advice, employee benefits, forensic advice, fund administration, recovery and restructuring, as well as corporate finance and transaction services.
Our Birmingham office provides leading edge advice to private clients, professional practices, SMEs to large corporates and non-profit organisations. We provide the full range of our services: business advisory services, corporate finance, corporate recovery, corporate tax, forensic services and litigation support, investment management, pensions and financial planning and advice on personal tax and trusts.
Whether you're looking to relocate or work from home, with our new smart working policy you can be based from your office space at home and/or at one of our office locations across the UK&I.
We provide a wide range of consulting services to a broad range of organisations, SMEs, owner managed businesses and their owners.
Purpose of role:
To manage your own portfolio of tax compliance clients, working with Partners/Directors or alone on complicated consultancy and advisory projects. A significant part of the role will be business development of existing and new clients as well as potentially developing a specialist field of technical and/or sector knowledge and expertise.
- Manage portfolio of consultancy work
- Manage portfolio of complex advisory cases
- Give exceptional client service
- Technically strong
- Identifying opportunities on client portfolio
Staff Management and development
- Liaison with Partners
- Appraisals/monitor staff performance
- On the job training for junior staff on a one-to-one basis
- Dealing with staff questions
- Involved in business development activities/profile raising locally
- Able to take advantage of marketing/PR opportunities
Personal Development (Technical & Other)
- Internal and external seminars and courses
- Internal meetings
- Client focus - ability to deliver consistently excellent client service.
- Commercial awareness - delivers value to client and team profitability.
- Manage the tax compliance cycle as required.
- Teamwork - organises and supports others.
- Good communicator - both written and oral.
- Problem solving - positive attitude to solving problems and delivering outcomes.
- Enthusiastic and keen business developer.
- Excellent organisation skills.
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA) and/or tax advisor (CTA)
- Significant corporate tax experience gained within the profession and/or industry
- Technically capable tax adviser who is able to manage complex client work
- Demonstrable experience of managing people and clients
- Existing business development skills and appetite to grow business