Lambeth Council, Lead Commissioner, Childrens Social Care.
Spencer Clarke Group are working alongside Lambeth Council to hire a Lead Commissioner on a long-term temporary contract.
The postholder, alongside senior colleagues, will be responsible for setting and implementing the organisation's strategic and operational direction for children, young people, CAMHs and maternity commissioning, with a special focus on Vulnerable Children and LAC.
The post will require joint working and collaboration with the wider commissioning team, working on a series of cross-cutting themes, as well as considering wider partnerships across the Council, NHS and voluntary sector.
The postholder will be expected to establish, lead and maintain positive relationships and work proactively with provider organisations, including primary care colleagues and key Trusts, as well as with internal stakeholders including education and social care; all to support the delivery of transformational change.
To oversee, lead and set out strategic need for needs analysis and other evidence collection in order to develop, implement and review children's services-related commissioning strategies.
The post holder will be expected to play a lead role in an integrated partnership with key stakeholders, colleagues and the community, in a politically sensitive environment, to co-design and co-produce outcome based commissioning.
As the Leader Commissioner you will have -
- Experience regarding children's social care placement commissioning
- Experience of setting up programmes which ultimately led to the delivery of significant savings
- Experience of commissioning and procuring projects in, including undertaking needs assessment for commissioning purposes, performance management and monitoring and review reporting, with a focus on children's services
- Experience of developing policies and procedures in collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders including internal councils' departments, statutory agencies, voluntary sector providers and service users
- Experience of using management information, needs assessment for commissioning, performance management and monitoring and review reporting.
- Experience of service development, options appraisal and system change using demonstrable programme management skills including financial mgt.
- Experience of partnership working across the voluntary and statutory sectors and negotiating contracts
If you meet most of the outlined criteria and wish to be considered please apply below and contact Thomas Humphreys at Spencer Clarke Group for more information.