Clarke Mosquito Services of Clearwater, MN is seeking to hire a Seasonal Mosquito Field Technician who will be responsible for inspections of mosquito breeding sites and adulticiding (adult mosquito) applications with a gas-powered backpack of contracted customer's yards. This position is perfect for someone who is passionate about public health, sustainability, and enjoys working outdoors. If this sounds like the opportunity that you've been looking for, apply today!
WORK SCHEDULE AND SALARY
This position earns a competitive wage of $14/hr. and generally, works Monday Friday (start/end times may vary, nights, weekends and some holidays may be required based on business needs). The Mosquito Field Technician is a seasonal position and supports the summertime mosquito control operations (generally April September).
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A FIELD TECHNICIAN
As a Mosquito Field Technician, you will arrive at our office each morning to take our Company provided pickup truck to the assigned jobs for the day and perform your adulticiding backpack treatments to our customer's yards, and inspect any potential breeding sites of standing water for mosquito larvae. Your role will provide immediate results to our customer's accounts.
You love your Field Technician job as you get to be out of an office and enjoying nature during the early morning hours. You have excellent attention to detail as you assess breeding activity, provide treatments, and document your findings. You take pride in your work knowing that your contributions are making a direct impact on the environment.
When you are not visiting customer properties, you will be assisting in other areas of our business. Your passion for public health, the outdoors, and nature shines through as you complete your work each day.
Clarke lives up to the Company's mission to make communities around the world more livable, safe and comfortable. We are a global public health products and services Company who pioneers, develops, and delivers environmentally responsible mosquito control solutions and aquatic services to help prevent disease, control nuisances, and create healthy waterways.
We are looking for employees who are passionate about sustainable living, caring for our planet and other people. We value the hard work and time that our team puts in. We have not forgotten that without them we could not be successful. We offer on-going training and support for all employees.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR A FIELD TECHNICIAN
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Possess a high school degree or equivalent with high school level math skills
- Communicate effectively in English in both written and verbal forms
- Have a valid driver's License with an excellent driving record
- Be able to sit, drive a vehicle and/or ATV for extended periods of time
- Ability to bend, lift, and carry a 50-60 lbs backpack during treatments for extensive amounts of time
- Must be able to work through the end of our season (August/September)
- Required to pass the Minnesota Department of Agriculture General Standards Exam (training provided)
- Candidate must be comfortable performing assigned duties in the field from a vehicle while navigating through various residential communities, urban environments and traffic patterns where environmental conditions that is affected by weather.
- Capable of using a handheld technical devices including, but not limited to, smartphones, GPS, and system applications
- Candidate must also be comfortable performing assigned duties outdoors while walking through various and challenging terrain including, but not limited to water, heavy vegetation and uneven land throughout residential communities, urban environments and forested areas where environmental conditions are affected by weather.
Are you a problem-solver? Do you have the desire to be involved in public health? Are you attentive to detail? Do you enjoy working outdoors and nature? Do you know how to work handheld technical devices including smartphones, GPS, and systems applications? If so, you may be perfect for this position!
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
If you feel that you would be right for the Field Technician job, please fill out our initial 3-minute, mobile-friendly application so that we can review your information. We look forward to meeting you!
Clarke is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and drug free workplace.Job Posted by ApplicantPro