Job DescriptionJOB DESCRIPTION
Position type : Contractor
Location : San Carlos, CA Top reasons to work for our client:
If that’s you, let’s talk!
- Becoming a worldwide leader brand in robotics!
- Launched in 2014, the first personal emotional robot: Pepper.
- Be part of this huge and exciting robotics adventure!
- Flexible work schedule! Work remotely!
- Innovative and off-the-wall company!
- Corporate Philosophy: “Information revolution - happiness for everyone,”!
- Take up the challenges offered by robotics and shape the world!
Our client is building the future of robotics. They aim to use robotics to bring value to the human experience by creating robots that assist people and make their lives easier, safer, and more enjoyable. As a leader in robotics, they also leverage their technical expertise and engaging robots to inspire the next generation of technologists and prepare them for careers of the future.
To this end, they are looking for a computer science curriculum developer to support their growing education initiative. This past spring, they successfully implemented a pilot program that brought their Pepper robots to high school computer science classes. They want to build on that success and further develop their computer science and robotics curriculum. The role will report to the Non-Profit PM. This is a 2-month contract position. What you will be doing:
Experience you will need:
- You will be responsible for the design and development of a computer science and robotics curriculum with our Pepper robot.
- Understand our robots and our programing tools, and how they can be incorporated into K-12 computer science and robotics programs, including classroom instruction as well as extracurricular activities
- Work collaboratively with internal teams to design an introductory programming and robotics curriculum primarily targeting high school students, though could also be used for younger and older students
- Build all pieces of the curriculum, such as: program sequencing, lesson plans, projects and activities, and assessments
- Teaching high school computer science and/or robotics courses
- SME in computer science with fluency in Python and Java
- Developing new curricula and crafting effective lesson plans, projects, and assessments that can be used across a range of student skills and abilities
- Strong understanding of instructional design best practices and how to implement them
- Knowledge of national education standards, including Next Generation Science Standards, Common Core State Standards, International Society for Technology Education Standards, and Computer Science Teachers Association Standards
- Passion for hands-on projects that bring robotics and computer science concepts to life for students
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed and take initiative
- Exceptional problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Excellent organization, time management, and follow-up skills; high sense of urgency
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience programming SoftBank Robotics’ NAO and Pepper robots is a big bonus
- Bachelor’s degree
Skills you will need:â€<
Computer science,Python and Java,Developing Curricula and Lesson Plans
Role: ESC2469 - Computer Science Curriculum Developer Job Type: Location: San Carlos, Apply for this job now.