Heavy Equipment Sales/Field Sales Representative
We are a leader in manufacturing, distributing, and maintaining recycling equipment. We are looking for a competitive, self-motivated and goal driven field sales representative to develop sales strategies and attract new clients. You will source new sales opportunities and close sales to achieve goals.
Territory: Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, Nebraska, North & South Dakota
We offer a competitive salary (structured around competitive base and incentive compensation) and an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, life insurance, vacation as well as a 401(k) plan. Travel 60% of time with all expenses paid
This is a great opportunity to start a career with a dynamic and proven manufacturer in the recycling industry.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Travel 60% of the time
- Generate and qualify leads
- Source and develop client referrals
- Prepare sales action plans and strategies
- Develop “out of the box” sales strategies
- Schedule sales activity
- Maintain and expand clients and prospects database within your territory
- Develop and maintain sales and promotional materials
- Plan and conduct direct marketing activities
- Make sales calls to new and existing clients
- Develop and make presentations of company products and services to current and potential clients
- Negotiate with clients
- Prepare and present sales contracts
- Maintain sales activity records and prepare sales reports for management
- Respond to sales inquiries and concerns by phone, electronically or in person
- Ensure customer service satisfaction and good client relationships
- Follow up on sales activity
- Monitor and report on sales activities and follow up for management
- Carry out market research and surveys
- Participate in sales events and conventions
- Monitor competitors, market conditions and product development
Education and Experience
- College degree in Business Management, Marketing, or other similar discipline is preferred.
- Experience selling heavy equipment preferred
- Knowledge of relevant computer applications
- Knowledge of principles and practices of sales
- Knowledge of customer service principles
- Knowledge of basic business principles
- Ability to achieve sales goals
- Planning and strategizing
- Verbal and written communication
- Negotiation skills
- Resilience and tenacity
- Stress tolerance
- Goal driven
Main areas of business
- Scrap metal recycling - Ferrous and Non ferrous
- Automobile recycling
- Fiber recycling - Paper, Cardboard, Newsprint, etc.
- Plastic recycling - All types
- Municipal Recycling Facilities (MRF’S)
- Municipal Solid Waste (MSW) Haulers
- Transfer stations
- Construction and Demolition Recycling (C&D)
- Manufacturing facilities
- We are an equal opportunity employer.
- All applicants are subject to pre-employment screening, drug test and background check and need to have a valid driver’s license and must be insurable by the company auto insurance. Candidate needs to live within the territory.
Leader in Recycling Equipment that sells in Northern and Southern America along with provides parts, and service to equipment.
Role: Field Sales Representative
Apply for this job now.