Primary/Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
· Complies with all federal, state, accreditation and institutional policies and procedures.
· Experience in building and implementing a predictive dialer collections environment using models to prioritize outbound strategies.
· Strong track record managing and training a collections or loan servicing team.
· Responsible for training and developing collections personal for all US Colleges. (SAM)
· Must have effective written and oral communication skills representative of a Collections Manager.
· Ensure the effectiveness of existing processes, and design and implement new processes, policies, and procedures to enable greater efficiency in the performance of the campus functions.
· Analyze root causes to ensure appropriate action plans can be developed to improve campus collections. (Auto's, First Payment Defaults)
· Develop tactical strategies and set individual collector goals using reporting and run rates.
· Prepare accurate and timely cash forecast and hold the collectors accountable.
· Benchmark best practices on collections and implement with ease.
· Measure and report target achievement periodically to Director and executive management.
· Collaborate well with accounting management to resolve issues timely.
· Must be hands on willing to talk to students via in person, by phone, and by mail and create the best possible solutions.
· Must have extensive collections knowledge and understanding of retail installment contracts.
· Student loan experience a plus.
· Responsible for creating structured schedule in each campus that will satisfy the campus need for collections personnel.
· Accountable for reviewing performance on a daily, weekly, monthly basis and addressing any areas of opportunity with campus collector.
· Responsible for performing weekly one on ones with all USC SAM's and submitting written feedback on a weekly basis.
· Ensure company financial policies and requirements are observed and work to drive strong controls and compliance for accounting and audits.
· Creates and maintains confidential employee files.
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
· References necessary.
· Demonstrate an understanding of the industry rules and regulations.
· Keep track of correspondence and verbal communication with students.
· Other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills and Experience
· Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Management preferred but not required.
· Seven -Ten years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Extensive experience with development and application of policies and procedures around collections process including escalation and resolution per policy.
· Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities.
· Knowledgeable in CFPB, FDCPA, FCRA, and Regulation Z.
· Ability to manage personal including direct reports.
· Commitment to quality.
· Ability to define problems; collect data; establish facts; and generate alternative solutions. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from top management, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
· Strong attention to detail and goal oriented.
· Strong Excel skills.
· Drives for results, proactively solves complex problems and consistently delivers under tight deadlines.
· Fast paced environment.
· Ability to learn quickly and thoroughly while continually recognizing and adapting to changing conditions.
· Ability to apply intermediate mathematical concepts.
· Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets financial reports and legal documents.
· English will be the primary language, but bilingual is highly desirable.
· Ability to use online video and conference calls to train and develop.
· Ability to be flexible with work schedule when required.
· Ability to travel 15%-20% of the year.
Role: Associate Director of Collections
Location: San Diego,
Apply for this job now.