We are looking for a candidate to fill the permanent position of Counsel within Disney Media Sales and Partnerships, based in Hammersmith London.
The ideal candidate will be an energetic, self-motivated and collaborative lawyer with current advertising, marketing and promotions law experience to support The Walt Disney Company's EMEA Media Sales & Partnerships teams.
The successful candidate will support Disney's 'direct to consumer' (D2C) marketing and technology teams and advise on legal issues concerning advertising, marketing and consumer law and regulation. The candidate will also work closely with Legal team colleagues (supporting business division and country lawyers in our key European markets), as well as with business leaders throughout the company, advising on legal risks, and business strategies. ResponsibilitiesBasic Responsibilities:
Industry & Policy Evaluation:
- Key contact for a number of demanding and enterprising media sales, promotions and marketing teams in EMEA, advising on marketing and consumer law issues across all owned and operated media platforms.
- Advise on broadcast and non-broadcast advertising, campaign development and product/service claims development, including liaising with Clearcast, Trading Standards and the Advertising Standards Authority (and other equivalent bodies in EMEA, supporting our in-market teams where necessary).
- Required to draft, review and negotiate commercial contracts with third party suppliers (e.g. sales agents, creative agencies) and promotion licence agreements with promotional partners and sponsors of Disney films, programmes and other products and services.
- Responsible for advising on regulatory strategy and compliance issues to ensure that Disney's new and existing products and customer products comply with applicable regulation, implementing new regulation.
- Candidates must have experience of advertising and marketing regulation including the CAP Code, BCAP Code, Consumer Protection against Unfair Trading Regulations 2008, Business Protection from Misleading Marketing Regulations 2008, BERR''s Pricing Practices Guide, Ofcom''s Broadcasting Code and Cross-Promotions Codes.
- Candidates must have knowledge of consumer sales law and regulation affecting the sale of goods and supply of services, commercial and consumer contracts (including commercial agency and sponsorship unfair contract terms in consumer contracts).
- Marketing & Creative Services and Research & Data Analytics Vendor management - overseeing security and other risk assessments for vendors working together with Privacy Compliance, IT, security and strategic sourcing teams.
- Maintain a current awareness of developments in the industry and in international legal policy (including liaising where appropriate with colleagues in Los Angeles). Take steps to evaluate the impact on Disney of developments, and drive dissemination of this information across the business so the organisation may remain proactive.
- Work closely with local lawyers, where appropriate, within Disney's offices within EMEA to develop an understanding of the applicable legal and regulatory framework for Disney's media sales and partnerships teams within those territories.
- LLB or Degree/LPC
- Qualified as solicitor or barrister
- Relevant experience in private practice or in an in-house team Substantial understanding of advertising, marketing and consumer law, intellectual property, brand/IP licensing, privacy, data security and commercial law
- Experience of e-commerce also advantageous.
The candidate should ideally:
- have a minimum of 8+ yrs PQE (preferably both private practice and in-house)
- be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of EU regulatory issues relating to advertising, marketing and promotions and digital, interactive and direct to consumer businesses
Company Overview Disney media sales and partnerships is the integrated Ad Sales and Promotions arm of Disney UK & Ireland. It was launched in March 2011 to give UK advertising and promotional clients a more unified, more creative way of working with Disney across the industries that we work in - including film, television, publishing, consumer products and live entertainment - and the platforms we work with, such as mobile, online and video on demand. This business brings to life clients'' marketing campaigns through innovative and creative initiatives which leverage the breadth and diversity of The Walt Disney Company''s assets - ranging from Disney to Pixar, Marvel, ABC and ESPN. Additional InformationOnly successful candidates will be contacted
See descriptionRole: Counsel - Permanent Job Type: Permanent , Full TimeLocation: London, England, EnglandApply for this job now.