The wiring technician will be responsible for wiring of PLC control panels.
1) Wire all components on the back panel and enclosure using the supplied drawing(s).
2) Ensure all wires are labeled at both ends correctly and that there are no wire frays.
3) Make sure all terminations are tight.
4) Make sure all wire sizes and colors are correct per I2R standards.
5) Log all time spent on each job into the appropriate software database using the traveler supplied with the drawings.
6) Review all prints for discrepancies and questions prior to wiring of panels.
7) Fill out all check sheets supplied with drawings for your department.
8) All changes to drawings must be marked in red and signed by “changer” prior to handoff.
9) Clean and maintain work area(s).
10) Make sure all terminal labels are on and correct.
Quality control/testing department measures technicians efficiencies.
Shop Supervisor checks quoted hours against actual hours.
Overall neatness and consistency.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or GED preferred
2 year prior experience preferred
Be flexible about working in other departments
This position requires a significant amount of bending and standing
Basic computer skills
Ability to read wiring schematic
NESC is a full service staffing agency providing work on a contract/temporary and permanent basis locally, regionally and nationally. Full Service to us means that we are committed to developing and maintaining relationships with our contractors and client companies.
NESC has specialized divisions to support many varied staffing needs. We currently service, but are not limited to, the following industries: Healthcare, Nuclear, Petroleum, Pharmaceutical, Aerospace, Automotive, Defense, Electronics, Research and Development, Telecommunications, Facilities, Biotechnology, Petrochemical, Information Technology (IT), and many more.
Role: PLC Control Panel Wiring Technician
Apply for this job now.