Augusta Tower Technologies, Inc. was founded in 2008 and is a construction company that specializes in wireless and cellular communication projects. We are seeking enthusiastic and energetic leaders for immediate employment as Cell Tower Technicians in the Midwest market. The ideal candidate will be a Midwest resident able to work on the road. Overnight travel, as well as overtime, is required. Benefits and wages are competitive.
12 Months Experience in the Telecommunications Industry is Necessary to Qualify! Valid safety certifications are preferred but Augusta Tower Technologies will provide paid renewal certifications through its in-house training program.
Our Cell Tower Technicians must be physically fit and willing to work at heights. This labor-intensive position requires the ability to maintain a safe working environment while withstanding extreme weather elements such as rain, snow, and heat.
Total compensation packages average from $27 - $33 hourly. This includes a base hourly rate of pay ranging from $18 - $23 hourly, time and a half overtime pay, $1500 retention bonus, performance-based monthly crew bonuses, as well as other benefits such as per diem, health insurance contributions, company paid lodging, vacation time, and a 3% 401k contributions. Base pay is determined by experience, attitude, and performance.Compensation:
$27 - $33 hourly (rate including benefits)Responsibilities:
Qualities of a Successful Cell Tower Technician:
- Energetic but even-tempered
- Honest and clear communicator
- Anticipates challenges and quick to adapt
- Takes ownership and pride in their work
- Excellent leadership skills
- Analyzes and solves problems efficiently
- Ability to receive and implement direct feedback
- Enthusiasm and aptitude for teaching others
- Strong computer skills
- Always prepared and on time
- Consistent approach to projects
- Climbing and working on communication towers for the purpose of installing, replacing, and repairing antenna system equipment; performs tower maintenance under close supervision
- Use and care of hand tools, power tools, and mechanical equipment
- Knowing the hazards associated with tower climbing, construction equipment, and working on or near energized lines or equipment
- Properly follow all safety procedures and policies
- The physical ability to climb, maneuver, twist, turn, squat, bend, stretch, reach and operate atop tall structures (300 ft. or more) with a load weighing 70 lb. or more
- The ability to work at heights for an extended period of time
- Analyzing situations accurately and adopt an appropriate course of action communicating orally and in writing
- Following instructions accurately and complete assigned course of action
- Recognizing safety hazards and performing duties in a safe manner
- Act as a mentor to less experienced Tower Technicians
- Traveling extensively through MId-West Market
- Pick-up/Deliver supplies, tools, equipment, etc. via company vehicle (towing trailer if applicable)
- Develop and maintain a positive company image
- Provide superior customer service ensuring all essential job functions are performed in a timely, efficient, accurate, and safe manner
- Adheres to all driving requirements as determined by state and federal regulations
- Adhere to all company and industry (OSHA) standards/regulations
- Vehicle remains clean and presentable at all times
- Excellent communication skills Fluent English required for safe and efficient teamwork
- Must be able to work in a team environment and lead by example
- Meet the Physical Job Requirements
- Ability to maintain a safe working environment during weather elements such as rain, snow, and heat
- Must have a mobile phone in service which is capable of sending and receiving email
- Arrive on time, prepared, and ready to work with a good attitude...every day
- 90% overnight travel Home most weekends
- Must be a US citizen or a non-citizen that is authorized to work in the US
Physical Demands:About Company
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, use hands to finger/handle/feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, talk or hear. Occasionally the work requires the employee to walk, sit, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Frequently the employee is required to lift or carry up to 10 or 25 lbs., and occasionally up to 50 or 100 lbs. Able to climb to and work at heights exceeding 300'. The employee needs to have good vision for close work, distance, color discrimination, peripheral, and depth perception.
Augusta Tower Technologies, Inc. is dedicated to servicing the ever-changing needs of the telecommunications industry with expert management and highly trained crews. Our commitment to quality, integrity, and safety ensures that projects are completed without incident, on time, and within budget.
Augusta Tower Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.