We are looking for a Landscape Field Operations Manager, who will work closely with the account manager to serve a wide range of customers' needs. This individual will drive crew productivity and company profits through support, decision making, and management.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Review of all crews within the branch to assure that they are working productively. Ensure every crew has a good plan and is working the plan on every jobsite every day.
- As a hands-on leader, you’ll be expected to drive our vehicles, lift/carry tree limbs and equipment and see that all machinery/vehicles and standards are quickly maintained, meeting quality and safety expectations.
- Challenge the established sequencing periodically in an effort to continuously improve the plan for each property and proactively plan the approach for new jobs before the work begins.
- Build a team of fully-trained and highly-performing crew leaders and crews.
- Oversee crew leader and gardener training and certification; identify and develop high performing gardeners into crew leaders.
- Identify and work to improve lower- performing crew leaders and crews.
- Assist as appropriate in developing production cost estimates for selected new opportunities.
- Train and strictly enforce all operational safety procedures and policies.
- Ensure work is performed to the level of quality required to completely satisfy each branch customer.
- Act as liaison between field operations and the administrative, customer service and general manager functions in the branch.
- Assist the Account Manager in the execution of his duties.
- Maintain and prioritize schedules, use resources knowledgeably and conduct quality checks.
Qualifications and Skills
Along with customer and managerial aptitude, you will need to meet the physical demands of our work extensive walking, bending, lifting/carrying 35-80 lbs. often, outdoor weather conditions and the dexterity to operate mowers, blowers and related machinery.
The Laurel Group Inc. is a 25 year landscape design/ build/ management firm specializing in sophisticated residential and commercial projects. We have operations on Long Island's North Shore and in the Hamptons.
Role: Landscape Field Operations Manager
Apply for this job now.