COMPANY: NUVEEN GLOBAL
JOB TYPE: Permanent, FullTime
SALARY: Competitive plus bonus
As a private asset manager with more than 100 years of service to clients, Nuveen brings together two great legacies to help investors around the world succeed. Our parent, TIAA, pioneered retirement plans for teachers and other non-profit institutions, and Nuveen helped build America’s infrastructure through municipal finance.
To best serve our clients and help them reach their outcome goals, we have created a unique structure that offers the scale of a large firm and the specialist expertise of investment affiliates with independent processes and cultures. And we lead by example, often investing alongside our clients. Our standout capabilities include generating income for retirement, real assets, alternatives and responsible investing.
Diversity of thought, people and investment products is critical to our clients’ investment success – and to our own. Every employee brings a unique background and expertise that adds to our world view and expands our capabilities. This diversity is what empowers Nuveen to deliver outcomes aligned with each client’s needs and values.
- Manage, coordinate and lead RFP projects from initial receipt through RFP delivery.
- Write, edit, organize, and package responses to Request for Proposals in compliance with client requirements.
- Ability to lead RFP meetings with subject matter experts internally to ensure the sales positioning is meets the objective of the sales strategy aligned to each proposal.
- Accountable for the editing and proofreading of the final draft to ensure 100% accuracy of content, grammar, style and formatting.
- Develop and facilitate relationships with key business partners and stakeholders.
- Assist the Knowledge Manager in managing and updating database content with responses from recent proposals.
- Contribute to creating and distributing information on improving processes in proposal cycle to team and business partners.
Required Qualification and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Journalism, English, Communications or Finance related discipline.
- Significant experience gained within RFP Asset Management professional, ideally with an understanding of the requirements and nuances Institutional Client and Private Market Investor base
- Demonstrable product/investment knowledge; with a good understanding of real estate and other private markets products preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Project and PowerPoint and RFP databases
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Broad understanding of Asset Classes and products within Private Markets and Institutional Investors
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects while adhering to strict deadlines and producing quality work
- Experience operating within a large, matrixed asset management organization
- Strong sales and client service orientation
- Ability to quickly assimilate new information regarding specific product and technical topic; including accurately writing about a topic or concept immediately after introduction.
- Ability to interact with individuals throughout the organization, from technical staff to executive leaders