Company: INTERIM HEALTHCARE
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
To provide personal care and incidental activities of daily living as assigned to clients in assisted living setting in accordance with applicable law and regulations, accepted practice and the Office’s policies and procedures.
Applicability of this Job Description:
This job description for a Certified Nursing Assistant may be used only in the following situations:
- In an organization that is not subject to the Medicare Conditions of Participation; or
- In an organization that is subject to the Medicare Conditions of Participation, a Certified Nursing Assistant may be employed exclusively to furnish personal care services under a Medicaid personal care benefit. [CITE: 42CFR484.36.e.2]
- Assist as assigned with activities of daily living such bathing, grooming, toileting and elimination, and adequate nutritional intake.
- Assist as assigned with ambulation, transfers and/or range of motion exercises.
- Maintain a clean, safe and healthy client environment.
- Assists client as assigned with incidental activities of daily living such as shopping, meal preparation, socialization activities, homemaking and medication reminders.
- Utilizes basic infection control measures such as hand washing and personal protective equipment (PPE) appropriate to the task and assignment.
- Read and record client temperature, pulse, and respiration when assigned.
- Recognize and document changes in client condition and safety and report to supervisor.
- Organize self to carry out visits/shifts and tasks.
- Attends mandatory in-services.
- Provide requested documents to keep employee file current.
- Follow the assignment sheet/service plan performing only tasks that are assigned.
- Document observations, activities and service provided in an accurate, complete and timely manner.
- Completes other assignments as requested and assigned.
- May have access to personal health information (“PHI”) necessary to fulfill the above duties and responsibilities. Access to use and ability to disclose PHI is further defined by each organization/department.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
- Age of majority in the state.
- Any training required by state and federal law and regulation.
- Valid driver’s license, according to Office-specific policy.
- Valid auto liability insurance if assignment(s) includes driving own vehicle to transport client according to Office-specific policy.
- Six (6) months of accumulated experience in a similar job classification, similar life experience or
- A graduate of a training and competency program as required by the Office and State or Federal
- A school of nursing student in the last year of a program or
- Graduate RN or LPN/LVN with proof of graduation.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Meets applicable health requirements to provide client services.
- Able to effectively communicate with all levels of the workforce.
- Able to hear, speak, write and read in a manner understood by most people.
- Able to read and interpret technical instructions related to providing services of the client and use equipment required in providing service.
- Able to prioritize multiple tasks to effectively deal with multiple changes based on client needs and scheduling.
Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
- Work is normally performed in a residence, or senior living facility.
- Work may involve frequent exposure to communicable diseases, bloodborne pathogens and/or other potentially infectious or hazardous materials that require following safety precautions and using work practices that require the use of personal protective equipment.
- Able to travel from assignment to assignment within geographic area served.
- Medium physical activity that may require constant lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling over 50 lbs., and physically stretching, bending, stooping, twisting, standing, sitting, walking, reaching and climbing stairs.
- Able to frequently lift, reposition, and transfer clients and assist with standing and walking.
- Able to constantly stand, bend, stoop, twist, stretch, squat, kneel, walk, climb stairs and reach freely.
- Able to grasp with thumb in opposition to fingers of palm, i.e. manipulate pen, knobs, or objects.
- Ability to visually and auditorially observe the client.