Company: GRADY HEALTH SYSTEM
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Grady Health System offers manycareer paths for experienced professionals. Whether you have many yearsof experience or are in the early stages of your career, you can find arewarding career at Grady!SUMMARY
The Georgia Coordinating Center(GCC) Communicator provides Emergency Medical Services (EMS) personnel withdestination guidance based on patient needs and the availability of services atarea hospitals. Communicates hospital diversion status to EMS, and providesreasonable alternate destinations, if needed.
- Functions as a liaison to local EMS regarding patient destination
- Uses available resources (patient destination board, EMS diversion website, and other resources) to direct EMS agencies to metro hospital emergency rooms.
- Maintains awareness of the state's hospitals status and Emergency Room (ER) capacity and communicates the information to EMS via phone or radio; links them to the receiving hospital, if requested.
- Monitors the Georgia CCC website, or other recognized, public websites, that provide information on hospital status. Logs information regarding each call to the GCC website, and completes any other required documentation.
- Maintains up to date, real time data for information sharing with other health systems, Georgia Emergency Management Agency (GEMA), Georgia Department of Health (DPH), and other agencies.
- Serves as a point of reference for EMS requesting information on Stroke, ST-Elevated Myocardial Infarction (STEMI), Burn, Trauma destinations.
- Utilizes the Georgia GCC website for reference to provide information to EMS agencies statewide.
- Understands, promotes and displays the Grady brand through professional conduct and customer service with EMS, hospitals, and other stakeholders.
- Conducts business in a professional manner.
- Uses emotional intelligence to navigate stressful situations.
- Maintains the GCC in a clean, safe, and functional manner at all times.
- Other duties as assigned
Equal OpportunityEmployer-Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/SexualOrientation/Gender Identity.
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- Current Georgia Paramedic (EMT-Paramedic) certification
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Three (3) or more years job related experience including field paramedic / EMS experience.
- Previous dispatcher or communication center experience is preferred