TITLE: Eligibility Case Manager
REPORTS TO: Program Manager-Family Eligibility
DEPARTMENT: Family Support Services
HOURS: 40 hrs/week, 8:30AM to 5:00PM Mon-Fri, with some evening and weekend shifts as needed.
PRINCIPLE RESPONSIBILITIES: Under the direction of the Program Manager-Family Eligibility, responsible and accountable for significant portions of the 4Cs Alternative Payment Program.
· Certify eligibility and need of clients: Conduct certification and re-certification meetings with new and existing parent participants in accordance with California state regulations, funding terms and conditions, external audit standards and 4Cs policies and procedures. Submit all completed family case files to Family Eligibility Manager for approval of authorized care. Provide excellent customer service, technical assistance or referral service (including periodic telephone shifts) to parents who have questions about their case files, the AP program, payments to their providers or any other general parenting or child care issues in accordance with APP Eligibility Team performance standards.
· Update and maintain client data files: Update and maintain family case files in accordance with California state regulations, Funding Terms and Conditions, External Audit requirements and 4Cs policies or procedures. Submit proposed termination or termination reversal Notices of Action to manager or designee for prior approval. Maintain an annual error rate in family case files in accordance with APP Eligibility Team performance standards.
· Review attendance forms: Review monthly attendance form submissions returned by Accounts Payable team and take appropriate corrective action to facilitate payment calculation and update parent need or eligibility status in accordance with California state regulations, Funding Terms and Conditions, external auditor requirements and 4Cs policies or procedures. Maintain an attendance form corrective action error rate in accordance with APP Eligibility Team performance standards. Work closely with Accounts Payable team to ensure swift, efficient and consistent provider contracting and provider payment processing in accordance with California state regulations, Funding Terms and Conditions, external auditor requirements and 4Cs policies and procedures.
· Overall: Maintain thorough and accurate records, files, correspondence and statistics in both written form and via data entry in computer databases to fully document services; Take initiative to continually expand and improve understanding and keep current on all program requirements; Propose solutions to problems and discuss with supervisor to implement changes as directed; Follow the 4Cs employment handbook and union contracts; Foster collaborative efforts within the department and enthusiastically carry out overall agency goals and mission.
· Other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
· Annual success rate for family data files in accordance with APP Eligibility team performance standards.
· Timely and accurate maintenance of family data files in accordance with APP Eligibility team performance standards.
· Completed attendance form reviews and appropriate action taken within 1 business day of receipt
· Timely processing of software-generated client alerts with appropriate action taken
· Excellent customer service to all 4Cs clients
· Maintain professional and friendly rapport with client families and their child care providers. Use good judgment and discretion when discussing performance, case particulars, or helping to resolve conflict.
· Maintain professional and open communication with APP Eligibility Manager, 4Cs management team and other 4Cs staff
· Maintain professional and constructive collaborative relations with representatives of CDE and other funding agencies; partner agencies and associations; members of the local community; and consultants or service vendors.
· Maintain confidentiality of case files, performance data, and 4Cs internal discussions and internal operations.
NUMBER OF EMPLOYEES SUPERVISED:
Directly: 0 Indirectly: 0
· AA degree or equivalent in business, human services management, or related field
· 2 to 3 years related experience in social service eligibility, program application processing or related customer service field
· Strong time management and organizational skills
· Knowledge of MS Office Suite, include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Experience maintaining database files.
· Good judgment
· Attention to detail
· Experience in the child care subsidy field, administration, case management or provider contracting and payment preferred.
· Knowledge of Child Development Service or Employment regulations and policies preferred
The Child Care Coordinating Council (4Cs) is a non-profit 501c(3).
For over 40 years, 4Cs has been the trusted resource for parents living and working in San Mateo County. Our mission is to connect and empower families, educators, and child care providers with resources today for a stronger San Mateo County tomorrow. 4Cs has an annual budget of $12.3 million and 18 staff. The agency provides:
• Child care referrals,
• Screening of families using a Family Needs Survey,
• Referrals to community resources such as parenting workshops, mental health services, housing, food assistance, and health care,
• Information on child development for families and care providers,
• Developmental screenings and inclusion support,
• Child care subsidy vouchers for low-income families, families in the child welfare and foster care systems,
• Quality improvement and business supports for child care providers, and
• Community leadership and advocacy on issues related to families with young children.
Last year, 4Cs provided more than 8,500 referrals for families annually; 10% of referrals were done over the phone and 90% through website search and email. Additionally, over 700 families and 1146 children were served through the child care subsidy voucher program in 17/18. Serving as the Help Me Grow San Mateo County Centralized Access Point (CAP) and Family/Community Outreach Provider allows 4Cs to build on and expand our core expertise in information and referral services for families in the county.
4Cs incorporated as a non-profit in 1974. Throughout the agency's history, 4Cs has been the sole Child Care Resource and Referral Agency (CCRR) in San Mateo County. Located in each county in California, CCRR agencies are part of a network of more than 400 CCRRs throughout the nation and offer crucial support services for families with young children. The core mission of a CCRR includes informing families about child development and connecting families to resources to ensure they have what they need to thrive.
Role: Eligibility Case Manager
Location: Redwood City,
Apply for this job now.