This is a part time, permanent position at our Ellesmere Port store with core hours being 30 per week across 5 days.
A Halfords team is a special team, made up of people who are passionate about our products and services and obsessed with giving our customers the very best experience. We’re specialists at what we do – our teams give practical solutions, as well as advising on the very best products to meet our customers’ needs, fitting a range of products to our customers’ cars and bikes.
Our Department Supervisors are at the heart of our in-store services offer. Obsessed with delivering the very best customer service, with a passion for our products and services, a Department Supervisor ensures the team wows every Halfords customer. This role is responsible for the day to day running of a department, supervising and coaching others to ensure we deliver market leading standards to our customers.
Supporting the store management team with maximising our services offer and with floor leadership, you’ll ensure the delivery of exceptional standards across the store, to provide a great journey for our customer. A key holder when required you will adhere to all in store security and stock loss procedures.
We look after our colleagues as well as we look after our customers, so whether you have ambitions to progress on to a management role in our shops, or elsewhere across the Group of Halfords companies, we will help you to fulfil your potential.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Experience of supervising or leading a small team/department
- Experience of delivering great customer service ideally in a retail sales or a services business environment
- Experience of delivering on the job training / coaching to others
- Experience of working to tight deadlines whilst maintaining a good standard of work
- Experience in effective prioritisation
- A track record of achieving exceptional results against sales targets
- Ideally, you will also have some technical knowledge and skills in motoring or cycling, but this is not essential as technical training is provided – a commitment to your own development is essential!
- The ability to engage and communicate with all types of customers and colleagues
- A planned and organised approach
- A proactive approach to helping customers and colleagues
As well as holiday and contributory pension, you can expect to enjoy:
- Colleague discount of up to 25% across the Group
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Fantastic deals across a range of other retailers, travel providers, and more
- Employee Assistance Programme offering advice and support
- Trade Price Bike Scheme
- Option to join our Share Save and Cycle2Work schemes
Join the UK and Ireland’s leading retailer of automotive and cycling products and be part of our success story in getting the nation safely back on the move.