Job Title: Lead Teacher
Ministry: The Academy at Three Taverns Church
Job Summary: To provide a healthy, safe, and developmentally appropriate program and environment where children have the opportunity to develop social-emotional, language, intellectual, and physical skills. To promote a Christian environment where children will learn positive morals and values for daily life.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Basic Teaching Duties:
- Teach and follow the current curriculum as chosen by Director.
- Plan and implement supplemental activities to meet the spiritual, physical, emotional, intellectual and social needs of the child.
- Maintain an orderly, safe, organized learning environment in which the children feel safe.
- Prepare the learning environment, set up interest centers, and prepare materials.
- Establish routines and provide positive guidance.
- Establish classroom policies and procedures that include methods of positive disciplinary techniques.
- Maintain supervision (by sight and sound) of children at all times.
- Maintain a hygienic learning environment by daily cleaning of tables, toys, cribs and/or nap mats, bathrooms, and vacuuming floors. Daily checking of playground equipment, including removal of broken toys. Washing of crib and mat sheets, cleaning out cubbies, etc.
- Communicate on a regular basis with parents regarding program expectations and their child’s performance in class.
- Hold bi-annually parent-teacher conference to discuss child’s progress in the program.
- Encourage parents to be actively involved in their child’s education.
- Complete daily sheets as necessary.
- Inform parents of minor accidents.
- Exhibit a commitment to a Christian community of faith and display good moral character.
- Model Christ-like behavior with students and other staff members.
- Exhibit good health and hygiene.
- Maintain a positive attitude & appropriate workplace dress.
- Take initiative and work collaboratively with other staff.
- Arrive prepared and on time for school daily.
- Train and supervise teacher aides, substitutes, and volunteers as necessary.
- Expand professional knowledge of early childhood education & child development.
- Attend all required staff meetings, training, and school events.
- Communicate with Director for supplies, concerns & questions.
- Help build a Christ-centered, supportive & caring team.
- Follow all guidelines as outlined in The Academy Staff Handbook.
- Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Bend, stoop and kneel to child’s level.
- Sit on the floor and/or child-sized chairs.
- Stand for extended periods of time.
- Withstand periods of time in the sun and heat outside.
- Teachers shall report directly to Director (or Assistant Director as necessary).
- Responsible to contact an approved substitute when he/she is going to be absent from work. All teachers are responsible for leaving substitute teachers adequate lesson plans and any pertinent information regarding students they may need.
- Teachers will give 2 weeks notice when resigning.
SKILLS AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Possess Child Development Associate (CDA) credential issued by the Council for Professional Development or Technical Certificate of Credit (TCC) in Child Development areas and qualifying childcare experience (or higher degree in Child Development/Education).
- Have current evidence of successful completion of a biennial training program in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and a triennial training program in First Aid provided by certified or licensed health care professionals and which covers the provision of emergency care to infants and children.
- Must pass Georgia State criminal background check to comply with Georgia DECAL guidelines.
- Must have proof of U.S. citizenship or right to work.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
Most duties will be carried out in the center and on the playground.
Teachers must be able to effectively communicate with many different types of people. Flexibility, patience, role modeling ability, and organizational skills are imperative.
Location: Three Taverns Church
3575 Acworth Due West Road
Acworth, GA 30101
Child Development Associate (CDA) credential issued by Council of Professional Recognition or Technical Certificate of Credit (TCC) (or higher degree in Child Development/Education)
Kids DayCare provides excellent and affordable early childhood education and care for children 6 weeks through 4 years. Kids DayCare is a community investment of Three Taverns Church charging at least 20% less tuition and paying 20% more to maintain the best employees. We are highly profitable, continually growing, and a happy place to work. Join a team that is helping families and kids have their Best Day Ever!
Role: Leader Teacher Three Year Olds
Apply for this job now.