Company: AR HINE ASSOCIATES
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Purpose of the role
To assist the Partners with all aspects of project profitability, project system maintenance, analysis and WIP management for Oxford Based professional services firm.
Main responsibilities for Project Controller
- Report on project profitability to senior management and initiate actions to improve profitability, where possible
- Ensure % complete is entered each month on all projects
- Close out open submissions ensuring relevant data is entered for future analysis
- Ensure submission information is fully completed
- Produce win/loss data for submissions
- Close out completed projects
- Ensure contracts are attached to projects and the contract management tab reflects correct and up to date values
- Produce monthly profitability reports for circulation to finance, partners and PMs
- Review project data on a monthly basis, notifying PMs and Partners, where appropriate of any project profitability issues
- Review Planned hours and spend vs Actual hours and spend, raising with PMs/Partners where client over-servicing has occurred
- Assist with resource planning on a weekly basis for both Oxford and London offices
- Ensure billing terms and rate tables are set up correctly
- Ensure the Region Fee Forecast schedule and Revenue Forecast schedules in the Deltek system are reconciled and agree
- Attend management meetings and record fee information/movement, where required
- Update projects for personnel changes
- Manage sub-consultant costs on larger projects and reconcile these costs with client billing of reimbursable costs
- Assist in promotion and implementation of Vantagepoint enhancements
- The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope and level of the post and delegated by the Financial Controller, Finance Director or Partners
The Candidate for Project Controller
- Ideally holding accounting qualification; being a part qualified accountant or working towards it or QBE ;
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel – ideally including pivot tables, V-Lookups, charts, formulae;
- Good working knowledge of other Microsoft Office applications, such as Outlook & Word;
- Good understanding of application of information technology in financial systems;
- Good working knowledge of financial systems and processes.
- Knowledge of accounting for long term contracts and valuation of work in progress on projects
- Good knowledge of accounting procedures.
- Knowledge of Vantagepoint/Deltek would be an advantage
- Previous experience with project accounting/Control
- Strong business acumen
- Record of change management
- Able to produce and manipulate reports in both a tabular manner and graphical format
- Ability to demonstrate a logical and methodical approach with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Commercial awareness and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent planning, organisation and time management skills.
- Ability to work with and influence Project Managers, so that they use key project data to better manage their projects and improve profitability
- Customer focused and visible within the organisation;
- Approachable & displaying positive attitude.
- Self-motivated, prepared to initiate work and operate under minimal supervision
- Flexible, organised and committed approach to work
- Interested in learning, improving and developing new skills.