UK016-Kilkeel, United KingdomCollins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
At Collins Aerospace, our Interiors team is focused on innovation, safety and cost efficiency. But we don't just get people from point A to point B. We're committed to making air travel more comfortable, connected and secure. As a leader in aviation interior products and services, we're helping airlines and original equipment manufacturers create a positive experience for their customers. With offices and manufacturing facilities in more than 12 states across the U.S. and more than 10 countries around the globe, we're changing the game of aircraft interiors. Are you ready to join our team?
As a leader in the aerospace industry, we have a number of exciting positions available right now, including an Environment, Health & Safety Officer
in our Seating
business located in Kilkeel.
Reporting to the EHS Manager you will operate as a key member of the EHS team and will provide EHS support to Line Managers and the business.JOB TITLE
: Environment, Health & Safety Officer (Temp)DEPARTMENT
: Environment, Health & SafetyRESPONSIBLE TO
: Environment, Health & Safety ManagerHOURS
: 37.5 hours per week. The post-holder may be required at times to work outside his/her normal working hours for the effective performance of the duties of the postLOCATION
: Collins Aerospace
2 Moor Road
BT34 4NGKey Purpose
Responsible for the continuous improvement and ongoing management of the Environment, Health & Safety Management Systems for the Kilkeel Facility.Key Responsibilities
The Person Key AttributesJob knowledge:
- Maintain and continually improve Collins EHS management systems in line with ISO:14001, ISO:45001 and ISO:50001.
- Act as an ambassador for the EHS function.
- Develop and lead initiatives to improve EHS culture and results.
- Provide training and information on Health, Safety, Environmental and current legislation.
- Provide ongoing environmental, health & safety support and guidance to departments to enable them to improve their EHS performance in line with fast paced changing priorities.
- Liaise with external bodies.
- Developing and maintaining EHS programs to ensure legal compliance.
- Support accident, incident and near miss investigations and provide advice on corrective action/s.
- Monitor, measure and complete trend analysis on key EHS metrics and support the development of corrective action plans for continual improvement of the site's EHS performance.
- Work with other Collins sites worldwide in aligning policies and processes.
- Undertake internal and second party Audits.
- Develop EHS PowerPoint presentations and deliver training in a confident manner to operatives and Senior Managers alike.
- Deputise in the absence of the EHS Manager.
- Any other duties in line with the position as required.
has the job knowledge and technical skills to understand his/her duties and responsibilitiesContinuous Improvement:
Constantly measures for the effectiveness of processes and strives to meet more difficult objectives. Generates new ideas and manages change effectivelyCollaborative Skills:
Initiates and develops relationships and gains the confidence and cooperation of people within and outside the businessResults Focus / Execution:
A results orientated employee who sets challenging goals and achieves results, whilst prioritizing tasks and overcoming obstaclesCommunication Skills:
Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present ideas and information clearly at all levels. Has the ability to adapt style and listens to and values different opinionsProblem solving / Decision making:
Evaluates, generates and implements problem-solving solutions. Has the ability to analyse situations systematically and make effective decisionsPlanning & Organising:
Develops realistic work plans and sets goals and aligns personal plans/goals with company goals. Manages time well and effectively, including personal attendance and on-time performanceEssential Criteria:
- 3rd level qualification in related field and 1 years' experience in a H&S role
2 years' experience in an EH&S role
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Packages
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in managing ISO:140001, ISO: 45001 and ISO:50001
- NEBOSH Health & Safety Certificate Qualification or equivalent
- Experience in a comparable role within a manufacturing environment
- Train the trainer qualification
- Hold Grad IOSH or higher
- Hold a recognised auditing qualification relating to EHS
- Able to demonstrate good chemical safety knowledge and awareness
- Able to demonstrate good fire safety knowledge and awareness
The shortlisting panel reserve the right to use the desirable criteria for shortlisting purposes.Closing date for online applications is Friday 30th October 2020 It is the applicant's responsibility to provide sufficient relevant information for their application to be processed.
Your personal data is collected and processed by B/E Aerospace, Kilkeel (the "Company") for recruitment purposes only. The Company will transfer your personal data to its ultimate parent company B/E Aerospace, Inc. in the United States of America for HR management purposes, in accordance with standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission. You have the right to access your personal data, to rectify it if necessary and to object, on legitimate grounds, to the processing of your personal data, by sending an email to: #removed#
. You are providing your personal data to the Company voluntarily. Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Click on this
link to read the Policy and Terms
Role: We make the world a better place to live
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Location: Kilkeel, Newry,Mourne & Down, Newry,Mourne & Down
Apply for this job now.