SEN Teaching Assistant
November (start of Term 2)
£55.00 - £85.00 (per day, dependant on experience)
This role is based within a school setting
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position is a minimum of 3 months relevant experience working with children, or young people.
Vision for Education are currently recruiting for a dedicated Teaching Assistant to work with girls struggling with SEMH and complex needs to work in a school in Clevedon.
As a Teaching Assistant, you will be required to be patient, calm and empathetic, and hold the ability to engage with these young ladies and motivate them to achieve. As you will be working on a 1:1 and group basis with students, this role will require you to work with them to build positive, professional relationships and help them overcome barriers to learning.
As a designated Teaching Assistant you will successfully implement teaching and learning strategies based around each pupil's EHCP and make reasonable adjustments to each session where necessary to have a motivating impact on pupils and maintain focus, therefore you will be required to be adaptable and able to think on your feet.
You will be required to produce weekly reports of each student's engagement and attainment, record weekly attendance figures, and attend pupil meetings and PEP/LAC reviews. Due to the nature of the role, suitable candidates will be comfortable liaising with school contacts to gain schemes of work and report any issues or concerns when necessary.
To be considered for the Teaching Assistant position, you will:
- Be able to work on a flexible basis with pupils within small groups or on a one to one basis to build positive, professional relationships and help children overcome barriers to learning.
- Have experience dealing with challenging and oppositional behaviour whether this be in an educational, residential or youth setting,
- Have knowledge of working with Education, Health & Care Plans (EHCPs) to help you in your work to steer pupils on the right path.
- Have a genuine desire to become part of a committed team of school staff.
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company Tes Global.
What Vision for Education Offer:
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (to commence when schools re-open, subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE online EduCare training package worth £390, including 38 accredited safeguarding and duty of care online courses.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.