Scientist/Senior Scientist, Biology
At Blueprint Medicines, we are creating a blueprint for the future of healthcare. We are a leading company in the personalized medicine revolution by focusing on delivering new medicines that are targeted to the genetic driver of disease. We do this by leveraging our one-of-a-kind drug discovery platform to discover, develop and work to bring highly-selective kinase inhibitors to patients globally. This prolific scientific platform has enabled Blueprint Medicines to build a pipeline of novel therapies that span three distinct areas of medicine; genomically defined cancers, rare diseases and cancer immunotherapy.
Blueprint Medicines is seeking a highly motivated, scientifically creative and collaborative scientist to work in a fast paced environment within a cross-functional drug discovery team. The ideal candidate will have experience interrogating cellular and molecular mechanisms as they relate to kinase target pathway modulation, off-target liabilities and resistance. The candidate's primary role will be lab based and include cellular assays to support drug discovery efforts. This position offers the opportunity to impact a growing portfolio of targeted therapies in a fast-paced and innovative research environment.
- Independently conduct, optimize and proactively troubleshoot cellular screening assays.
- Responsible for data processing, interpreting and presenting to cross functional team members.
- Proactively employ a breadth of cell and molecular biology techniques, including gene targeting approaches and small molecule inhibition, to dissect mechanism of action.
- Design and execute experiments to evaluate target dependency, off target liabilities, phenotypic responses, identifying resistance mechanisms and beneficial drug combination.
- Regularly present research to the integrated project team highlighting implications for broader program.
- Minimum requirements, BS/MS in relevant disciplines with 3+ years of experience in a biopharmaceutical industry setting.
- Candidate must be skilled in carrying out a wide range of state-of-the-art molecular and cellular biology techniques.
- Extensive hands on experience with flow cytometry, cell sorting and state of the art cell-based assays (immune-assays, MSD, AlphaLISA, in cell western etc.).
- Experience with standard software analytical tools, xlsx, Prism, Chalice or other synergy software.
- Experience with genome editing/KD approaches (CRISPR or si/shRNA) for engineering cell line models (add-back rescue constructs/CRISPR knock-in is also strongly preferred).
- Familiar with PK/PD/efficacy relationships and delivering PD readouts by western and plate based assays for in vivo tumor models.
- Extensive experience managing cell based and in vivo studies at CROs and with collaborators.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, as well as excellent documentation and organizational skills are essential.
- A team player, who listens effectively, invites response and discussion
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
WHO WE ARE:
Blueprint Medicines' mission is to dramatically improve the lives of patients with genomically defined diseases. Our singular focus is to use our deep understanding of the genetic blueprint of cancer and other diseases driven by the abnormal activation of kinases to craft highly selective medicines aimed at eradicating these diseases.
We don't think in small steps. We think in giant leaps.
We are driven by the pursuit of new ideas, new innovations, and new ways of thinking.
We know that what each and every one of us does matters and that our success depends on our ability to work together. We believe we are at our best as a company when our employees are thriving and foster a culture that provides opportunities to grow and develop professionally, while also having fun.
Powered by JazzHR