At FDM it's 'business as usual', we are recruiting now and throughout the year. Due to COVID-19 we have implemented alternative working arrangements to ensure that all our people stay safe. These consist of remote working, virtual training, video interviewing, and access to webinars and virtual events. We have training start dates happening in April, May and throughout the year. If you're looking to start your career in technology or business, we want to hear from you now! Your career starts here.
Interested in planning and delivering technology solutions along with developing your ability to write code? FDM's Software Developer Graduate programme will help you become a successful Java Developer and provides the opportunity to progress in a career within a wide variety of sectors.
Everybody tells you that technology is the world's fastest growing industry, but what if you could really see for yourself? Some of our consultants are currently working on exciting advancements in technology, including robotics, automation and more.
FDM is an award-winning graduate employer. We're passionate about kick-starting graduate careers in technology and support you every step of the way. When you become an FDMer, you'll be trained to the latest industry standards at our FDM Birmingham
Academy. You'll then be placed on-site with one of our prestigious clients for two years, so for those critical first few years after graduation, you'll be off to a flying start. It doesn't stop there, many of our consultants go on to work permanently with the client, work internally at FDM or choose a different pathway using the connections and experience they've gained. If you're looking for a fast-paced role with excellent career progression, look no further.
Over 3,000 FDM consultants are currently placed with our clients, working in a variety of roles including; Software Development, Business Intelligence, IT Service Management and Software Testing. We work with clients all around the world including HSBC, Virgin, Lloyds, Shell and Sky to name a few. Your opportunity to make an impact in the industry starts here.7 reasons why FDM is for you:
The ideal FDMer has:
- Commercially relevant training (including SQL and UNIX), and access to industry-recognised qualifications
- Excellent employee benefits, including the prestigious 'Consultant of the Month award' and the option to join FDM's buy-as-you-earn share scheme
- Work and progress in an exciting career with some of the world's most reputable organisations
- Individual mentoring and ongoing support throughout your entire FDM journey
- Opportunities across the UK and beyond
- Employability skills including Microsoft Excel, CV writing, interview and presentation techniques
- Tech talks, social and networking events
- An analytical, curious and creative mindset
- A passion for tech
- The ability to solve problems within a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail
- A desire to learn new software languages
- Clear communication skills and the ability to work with people across all departments
- A degree of 2:2 or higher, preferably within a STEM discipline but all degrees considered
- An interest in working nationally to support our clients
- Commitment to a two-year contract with FDM upon completion of the training period
The tech industry is constantly evolving and continuously needs new developers to take over critical tasks. So make an application today and see where your career will take you! Apply Now!
Role: Graduate Software Developer Consultant - Birmingham
Job Type: Graduate scheme, Permanent, Full Time
Apply for this job now.