COMPANY: EJ LEGAL LIMITED
JOB TYPE: Permanent, FullTime
We are currently working with a distinctive London-based city law firm that is looking for a Head of Conflicts within its risk management department as part of its client inception (CMI) team.
The Role of a Head of Conflicts
The successful individual will lead the firm’s conflicts team, comprising of six senior and junior conflicts and CDD analysts. The position involves deputising for the General Counsel on any conflicts or confidential information management issues.
Key responsibilities of the Head of Conflicts
- The day to day management of issues relating to conflicts of interest and confidential information, working closely with the GC as well as partners of the firm
- Managing the conflicts team
- Assisting the GC and the department's risk & compliance lawyer with a range
- of research requests and other projects
- Updating the firm’s conflicts and confidential information related policies and procedures, including providing firm-wide conflicts training as required;
- Acting as the firm’s subject matter expert relating to the management of internal and external conflicts queries;
- Maintaining and updating the firm’s information barriers
- First point of contact with the firm's IT department and the chief information officer in relation to risk issues, particularly conflicts and information barrier related;
To be considered for the Head of Conflicts role you will have:
- excellent academic achievement with a minimum 2:1 degree or equivalent
- extensive experience of analysing conflicts of interest matters in a legal environment
- previous team leader or “head of” experience
- detailed analytical skills;
- the ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbal, with stakeholders at all levels; and
- good working knowledge of Intapp's Open software, some information barriers software and systems experience, Microsoft Word and Excel.