As a SEN Teaching Assistant you will be supporting pupils within a SEN school. It is important you are a nurturing and caring individual. Some of the pupils needs include autism, communication difficulties, or social emotional mental health needs, and varying degrees of learning difficulties. You will be employed by Teaching Personnel, going into the schools we work with and your job title may be known as Teaching Assistant/Support Assistant/Welfare Assistant.
You will find that in this rewarding and dynamic environment, no two days are the same!
- Providing support to the children on a 1:1 or 2:1 basis
- Accommodating interactive classroom activities
- Working alongside teachers and other agencies to ensure the best care for your students
- Helping the children with their learning and personal development
- Most importantly you will be a mentor who enjoys motivating and building trusting relationships with young people!
Rates of Pay and Working Hours:
You will receive weekly pay dependent on the roles and experience, usually for a Teaching Assistant this is between £65-£70 a day. With Teaching Personnel, you have the flexibility to pick when you would like to work. This could be on a day to day basis; we would let you know in the morning what school needs you, or longer placements could see you in a school for weeks/months such as if a staff member is on maternity leave. There is also the opportunity to roll onto the schools contract permanently if you and the school get on well!
If you are a passionate person who genuinely wants to have a positive influence on the lives of children and young people, then please give Carla Richardson a call at the Sheffield Teaching Personnel Office 0114 241 3341 or click apply now and upload your upto date CV.