Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary Public Health Consultant to work with Norfolk County Council. This position is initially for a period of 6 months and is paying upwards of £44 per hour (paid to you via an umbrella company).
The post will support the Director of Public Health (DPH) in delivering their statutory public health functions across Norfolk. The post holder will work closely and constructively with the Deputy Directors of Public Health, other consultants and the wider public health team.
The post holder will need to demonstrate competencies to fulfil a generalist Consultant in Public Health role. Whilst it would be advantageous to have experience in health protection or data and intelligence, the portfolio may vary over time and cross all domains of public health.
- Be a senior representative of public health within Norfolk County Council and across the wider system.
- To act in a senior level, expert advisory capacity on public health knowledge, standards and practice, across the spectrum of public health.
- To influence external agencies in their public health policy decisions by working with complex professional, managerial and population groups; and other organisations in the statutory, non-statutory and private sectors.
- Develop and utilise information and intelligence systems to underpin public health action across disciplines and organisations, leading collation and interpretation of relevant data.
- Support strategy, policy development and ensure delivery of business plans and interventions in specialist portfolio.
- Qualifications: Inclusion in the GMC Full and Specialist Register with a license to practice/GDC Specialist List or inclusion in the UK Public Health Register (UKPHR) or Public Health Specialists.
- Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
- Compliance: Up to date GMC registration and DBS.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.