Trading/Buyers Assistant (Direct to Store)
Hours: Permanent / Part-time 1-2 days per week
Hourly rate: Above minimum wage
Reports to: Business Manager - Direct to Store, Trading Controller - Direct to Store and Trading Co-Ordinator - Direct to Store
Nisa is an award-winning group which helps independent retailers flourish in the retail market by distributing quality and competitive food at scale. Our ethos is to support communities around the UK, by helping independent retailers make a true difference to their local area.
We are now looking for a Direct to Store Trading Assistant to provide comprehensive administration and secretarial support to the DTS team.
Key Result Areas:
* To support the Direct to Store team across a range of operational activities
* To liaise directly with, and provide support and assistance to members, suppliers and central office staff
* Knowledge of general desktop IT solutions including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Software training will be provided and maintained where required
* A full understanding of Direct to Store suppliers to allow first line customer service to members
* Knowledge of Cognos and PO Systems
Day to day Tasks:
* Provide secretarial and administrative support
* Liaise directly with group members and suppliers, building and maintaining effective relationships at all levels
* Co-ordinate and produce supplier trading agreements, reviewing and updating regularly to meet ongoing business requirements
* Liaise with internal departments (e.g. Member Support Department, Sales, IT, Finance) to resolve outstanding discrepancies and issues for members and suppliers as necessary
* Develop and maintain accurate and accessible systems and databases in relation to Direct to Store trading, member information, and category turnover
* Provide support for Direct to Store marketing projects (EComm and printed)
* Manage and control departmental financial processes (Purchase Orders, Invoicing, P&L and Budgets/Forecasts)
* Carry out ad hoc projects for the department as required
* Interpersonal Skills
* Ability to work effectively as a team member
* Good communication skills (verbal and written) with a pleasant personality and confident telephone manner
* Capable of working efficiently and accurately to specific deadlines
* Ability and confidence to use own initiative
* Good basic education
* Excellent organisational and administration skills
* Ability to create accurate data reports for efficient production of management information
This Job Description describes key areas of the post but is not exhaustive. The Job Description is subject to review and amendment in line with the needs of the business.
In order to apply for this role, please click 'Apply' to continue your application. Please ensure you include details of your current remuneration package.
Role: Trading/Buyers Assistant (Direct to Store)
Apply for this job now.