COMPANY: QED LEGAL LLP
JOB TYPE: Permanent, Full Time
SALARY: £22000 - £34000 per annum
Legal Advisor - Litigation
Haywards Heath - £22000-£34000 (DOE) A highly successful legal 500 firm with UK wide coverage is looking for a Legal Advisor to manage a caseload of litigated files. Day to day your caseload will consist of Fast Track RTA cases and you will be involved through all stages of the investigation and litigation process.
On top of a competitive basic salary you will also operate on a fully flexi basis, you almost have full control over your hours as long as you are working your 37.5 hours.
- Responsible for a high-volume caseload of Fast Track Personal Injury RTA claims, making use of the firm's Case Management Systems and using the agreed internal procedures and practices.
- To progress your caseload in a manner to ensure that clients receive appropriate, professional, timely and pertinent legal advice, with regular contact, whilst managing their expectations.
- To deal with cases with denial of liability and causation arguments with minimal supervision.
- To be able to assess liability and quantum to include reviewing medical reports, researching and obtaining relevant case law, drafting schedules of special damages and assessing suitable awards for compensation
- To identify early those cases where proceedings would be tactically beneficial to litigate and to do so expeditiously.
- Take a practical but commercial approach to settlements and advising clients as to litigation/cost risks.
- To achieve and exceed various targets set in relation to, for example, profit costs and issuing, without compromising the firm's integrity.
- To liaise appropriately and timely with sources, medical agencies, experts, third party insurers and other relevant parties to ensure that cases are pro-actively progressed.
- To attend, where appropriate, court hearings to make representations in respect of the claim before the judiciary. Where necessary, and in accordance with the firm's internal policies and procedures, to instruct Barristers to represent clients at hearings and obtain formal Advice over issues of quantum and liability.
- Perform to a high level in a target orientated environment.
- To undertake any other tasks as deemed relevant and reasonable by the business.
To be considered you must have a minimum of 2 years previous experience managing your own caseload of Fast Track RTA Litigated claims. You must also be an excellent negotiator with strong drafting skills and the ability to negotiate appropriate settlements. The ideal candidate will also have a solid working knowledge of the CPR, Legislation and relevant case law.
This firm continues to operate as "business as usual" and skype interviews are being arranged. Please do not hesitate to apply.
Role: Legal Adviser - Litigation
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
Location: Haywards Heath, West Sussex, West Sussex
Apply for this job now.