Ability Center is a southern California-based, rapidly-expanding leader in the mobility industry. As a mobility equipment dealer, we sell, install and service equipment, including wheelchair- accessible vehicles, driving aids and scooter/wheelchair lifts, to fit our clients’ mobility needs.
We have 14 stores in four states and have a current need for a Service Manager in our Tucson store. The Service Manager leads the group of Service Technicians in the timely and accurate service and repair of mobility vehicles in accordance with Quality Assurance Procedures and Company policies; creates Sales and Purchase Orders; and orders and tracks parts and accessories as needed to complete efficiently scheduled service and repairs.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Schedule service appointments using an automated database in accordance with availability and level of experience of service technicians.
- Maintain complete records of all client contacts, including notes on service performed and any problems noted by the client.
- Coordinate with Van Sales department to ensure seamless delivery and service of new and used vehiclesales.
- Oversee service/repair work performed by service technicians to ensure Company quality standards arebeing upheld; inform clients of procedures/ resolution of problems.
- Oversee training management to ensure technicians’ training certifications are current and appropriate to their level of experience.
- Maintain sufficient levels of equipment, tools and parts inventory and related resources to ensure timely completion of service/repair jobs.
- Creating purchase orders for parts and accessories needed to complete sales, service and repair of vans and wheelchairs using the Sage CRM program.
- Ensuring the accuracy of part numbers and prices when creating purchase orders.
- Placing telephone orders for parts and accessories in accordance with Company protocol.
- Tracking orders placed with vendors for installations, repairs and warranty work to ensure on-time delivery.
- Upon receipt of ordered merchandise, matching packing slips with purchase orders and completing the receipt of goods batch to update the order status in the Sage CRM program.
- Notifying service manager, service technicians, sales personnel and/or general manager as needed when ordered parts/accessories are delivered or when delivery is delayed.
- Obtaining authorization from vendors as needed for returns and ensuring completion of the returns and subsequent vendor credits.
- Creating sales orders and invoices using the Sage CRM program.
- Respond to client inquiries/complaints regarding van service issues and products; determine best resolution practices to ensure quality client satisfaction and adherence to Company policies.
- Work with Adaptive and Van salespersons to quote and bid projects using equipment best suited forclients’ needs, regardless of profit.
- Ensure compliance with stated shop procedures and Quality Assurance Procedures policies, inventoryvariance count requirements and shop productivity and efficiency variance.
- Ensure continuous reach of employees toward quarterly S.M.A.R.T goals.
- Track vehicles requiring Quality Assurance documentation, including check-in procedures and finalinspection sticker placement.
- Ensure technicians are informed and current NMEDA policies and procedures are being followed.
- Perform final inspection of completed work prior to releasing a vehicle to client.
- Prospect and develop Fleet Service opportunities for revenue.
- Establish/oversee monthly emergency service schedule with the service technicians.
- Respond to emergency house calls; make necessary repairs that will enable clients to bring the vehicle to Ability Center facility on the following business day.
- Commit to the goals of the store and develop and encourage a spirit of teamwork with store manager.
- Model positive behaviors, ensure excellence in customer service, and empower others to act.
- Remain open to the ideas of others and learn from them to find a common purpose; anticipate the needsof those supervised.
- Facilitate issues to a positive result.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
The successful candidate will exhibit a willingness to learn special needs products and equipment; to learn and follow Ability Center policies and procedure; a knowledge of inventory methods and the ability to maintain a working inventory. A knowledge of the bid process and an ability to communicate effectively between Company divisions, departments and the client is essential. The position requires an ability to mediate and resolve conflict and the patience and skill needed to train others. Additional skills required include an ability to work productively on a management team; to effect change; to motivate others and to foster a spirit of collaboration, responsibility and accountability. In addition, the ideal candidate will possess knowledge of current management and leadership methodologies; have the ability to listen, provide constructive and positive feedback and encourage creativity in others; have the ability to effectively analyze and solve problems and the ability to encourage an environment of enjoyment and productivity leading to positive client interaction. Further, a willingness to remain current and relevant in professional development and to communicate compassionately with special needs clients is preferred.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Experience in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word and Excel, required; experience in Sage CRM preferred. Successful candidate will hold an Associate’s degree in Business and have 10 years’ experience in a supervisory or management capacity in a related field, or an equivalent combination of education, experience and training.
Ability Center provides an attractive compensation plan that includes a base salary of $16-18 per hour, plus bonus; medical, dental and vision benefits; Company-paid long-term disability and group life insurance; paid vacation and sick leave, and 401(k) plan with company match.
Role: Service Manager
Apply for this job now.