MEDICAL BILLING AUTHORIZATION SPECIALIST
Rehabilitation Physicians, PC, Novi, MI
Rehabilitation Physicians is seeking a full-time Medical Billing Authorization Specialist. The primary focus of this position is to obtain authorizations and referrals, enter new patient demographic information into the computer system and complete insurance verification for new patients. The desired candidate will be a team player, dependable, have a professional attitude, outstanding communication and negotiating skills, be goal driven and detail oriented. The responsibilities of the Medical Billing Authorization Specialist include but are not limited to:
- Obtain authorizations for all inpatient, outpatient, and nursing home patients that require pre-authorization for needed services.
- Obtain authorization for medications prescribed by Rehabilitation Physicians providers.
- Obtain imaging and DME authorizations.
- Answer incoming new patient phone calls, enter demographic information into the computer system and verify insurance.
- Enter demographic information and verify insurance for inpatient and nursing home patients.
- Have a working knowledge of medical software, insurance websites and EHR.
- Communicate effectively with patients, physicians, management, employees, and third party representatives.
- Adhere to professional standards, company policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and HIPAA standards.
· Be able to manage a high volume of authorization requests and meet productivity levels.
Requires a High School Diploma and 1-2 years of current medical office experience or completion of a billing instructional course. Requires knowledge of ICD-10, CPT and medical terminology. Prefer experience with pharmacy authorizations. Must be able to work independently and rely on personal knowledge/experience for problem solving. Prefer experience with MS Word and Excel. Experience with eClinicalWorks is a plus. Must be detail oriented and have excellent organizational and time management skills. Candidates must excel at providing a high level of customer service. Requires strong analytical skills, including writing and verbal communication skills and a professional positive attitude.
Largest independent, Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation practice in Michigan. Celebrating 50th year in 2017. 30+ providers.
Role: Medical Billing Authorization Specialist
Apply for this job now.