Tosca is growing, and we are currently looking for motivated individuals to join our team! The General Production role works on the front line, processing containers to meet planned throughput, safety, and quality goals.
Tosca prides itself on being a leader in reusable packaging and supply chain solutions across a diverse range of markets including eggs, produce, case-ready meat, poultry, and cheese. Our service centers play a crucial role in ensuring our reusable containers are processed in a safe food environment to provide exceptional service to our customers.
Responsibilities (Essential Job Functions):
- Load handheld Reusable Plastic Containers (RPCs) onto the production line for sanitation processing
- Inspect RPCs for quality and remove any waste material, stickers, tags, damaged RPCs, and non-Tosca RPCs from incoming inventory before sanitation
- Monitor processing of RPCs through the line and adjust input or output as needed to maximize throughput
- Unload and sort handheld RPCs from the end of the production line and inspect to ensure that quality standards are met
- Repair damaged RPCs as appropriate
- Demonstrate good understanding and comply with all Tosca work rules
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Identify any safety concerns or hazards and report them
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required
Requirements, Experience, & Education (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must understand and operate automated machinery touchscreen and switch panels
- Must realize written instructions quality, machine work instructions, etc.
- Must be able to understand and comply with company, plant, and safety rules/policies
- Ability to stand on a concrete floor 8-12 hours per day
- Ability to work in a hot and humid climate at times
- Manual manipulation of containers (assemble or collapse RPCs)
- Reaching, bending and twisting frequently
- Ability to work on a production conveyor line
- Must be able to see labels on containers and inspect containers for quality concerns
- Ability to distinguish different containers by color and size
- Regularly lift 7lbs and up to 30lbs on a periodic basis
- Ability to work occasional flexible hours and over time-based on company/volume needs
Tosca provides reusable packaging and supply chain solutions across a diverse range of markets including eggs, poultry, produce, case-ready meat, and cheese. A recognized innovator, we collaborate with growers, suppliers and retailers to deliver the best flow of perishables through the supply chain. Operating thirteen state-of-the-art wash sites around the country, we are able to efficiently support regional and national programs, providing unmatched service and lower supply chain costs. Our reusable plastic containers - the most comprehensive portfolio in the industry - improve product protection, lower costs and are more sustainable than single-use packaging.
Role: General Production Worker
Apply for this job now.