A school in South Manchester requires a Female PE Teacher to join the teaching staff on a temporary basis.
Requirements for this position are as follows:
- A passion for Sport, Health and Fitness.
- A desire to improve the overall attainment of children.
Highlights of this role are as follows:
- Teaching PE on both a practical and theory basis (up to GCSE)
- Working to improve the performance of students preparing for examinations.
- Teaching multiple Sports in accordance with School curriculum (including Netball, Rounders, Tennis, Cricket, Badminton, Athletics, Football and Gymnastics)
- Encouraging students to engage with physical activity, as well as preparing students for Sports fixtures.
- Planning sessions in order to develop both technical and tactical knowledge within specific Sports.
The applicant will be able to:
- Maintain student engagement within PE.
- Prepare sessions and differentiate based on individual needs.
- Work on a 1:1 basis with students with SEN when needed.
It is essential also, that the applicant can:
- Manage student behaviour in accordance with school policy.
- Ensure students are adhering to Covid Protocol at all times.
- Implement strategies designed to ensure students are able to access the learning process as easily as possible.
Other factors this role will include:
- Providing feedback to subject leaders based on student performance.
- Communicating with parents when necessary.
- Working with school support staff when necessary.
- Located in South Manchester, the school is located close to the city centre.
- There are several public transport links located close by.
For further information, please contact the Manchester South Secondary branch at Teaching Personnel.
The role will commence after Christmass 2020.